Greetings from Turkey!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
introducial

Post by introducial »

Hi! I've really enjoyed about listening this recordings, so I decided to join in to this community. :) I'll do some research at first, and might after that I'll record something in Turkish. If there is a Multilingual Reading Project, including a Turkish book, joining would give me so much happiness :)

Thanks! :)
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Merhaba introducial,
Welcome to LibriVox.
introducial wrote:If there is a Multilingual Reading Project, including a Turkish book, joining would give me so much happiness
I can't be silent when you mention about Multilingual. Yes here's one, Multilingual Short Works Collection.

Cheers,
Masa
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello. Welcome to our friendly book nerds comunnity :mrgreen:

As Masa-san mentioned there is an ongoing Multilingual Short Works project, where you can submit a work in Turkish that doesn't exeed 70 minutes' worth of reading. If you would like to record something longer- like a full-blown novel- you're welcome to start a new project. We prefer, though, that new volunteers start with short pieces so they can familiarise themselves with the editing process and with our procedures before they embark on something longer.

The first thing, though, would be to record 1-minute-test to check if your recording settings are correct.

Your welcome e-mail should includes lots of helpful links. I, for my part, recommend a collection of instructional videos in English made by Phil. You will find them in a thread at the top of this section.

Have fun :thumbs:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
introducial

Post by introducial »

I'll really want to join this project, after I'll do 1-minute-test. Is there a deadline for Multilingual Short Works Collection?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

As long as there are free slots left you can submit a text. There's no need to announce yourself beforehand either. At the moment there are only three or four slots left, so this collection will probably close pretty quickly, unless the people managing it (Masa and lezer) decide to expand it. You can always post a question in the project thread and ask:)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello introducial san,
introducial wrote:Is there a deadline for Multilingual Short Works Collection?
Current project will soon be full. I'm expecting recordings in Finnish, Malay etc.
Once current project (003) is full, I'll start the next project (004) seamlessly. So you can always find a slot. Plus you don't have to worry about proof listeners. There's a very active member, who speak Turkish. You're lucky.

Cheers,
Masa
introducial

Post by introducial »

It's great then, because my 1-minute-test might take some time. If I can't catch 003, I'll make my recording in 004. Who is this active proof listener, Masa-san? :)
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello introducial san,
introducial wrote:It's great then, because my 1-minute-test might take some time. If I can't catch 003, I'll make my recording in 004.
You may post a short Turkish poetry to Multilingual Project as your first recording if you wish.
I'll check the technical spec.
Of course by 1-minute-test you get better advice than I.
Who is this active proof listener, Masa-san? :)
I keep this for your surprize.

Cheers,
Masa