COMPLETE: Lulu I: Earth Spirit by Frank Wedekind [eng] - ek

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

catrose wrote:Wahoo! First to finish! Let me apologize. Both young master Hugenberg and I are quite childish, so we both enjoy finishing first. :P Now onto Pandora's box!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/earthspirit_hugenberg_4.flac 1:30

EDIT: Gahhhh! Posted this in the wrong thread first! :)
Thanks Cat. You have a really great speech in Pandora's Box. Can't wait to hear it. :)

By the way, Algy has requested that he be switched to Schon and Casti-Piani. So the role of Schigolch (a great, great role!) is now available.
Last edited by ChuckW on July 30th, 2012, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
PuerScelestus

Post by PuerScelestus »

PL OK on Hugenburg. I don't have a password yet for the MW, so while I'm still sorting that out, can someone edit the MW for me?
-Ian.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PuerScelestus wrote:PL OK on Hugenburg. I don't have a password yet for the MW, so while I'm still sorting that out, can someone edit the MW for me?
Thanks Ian. I'll go ahead and update the MW for you. :)
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

OK, I've added Ian as the DPL and PM'd the login info. :)
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Off and rollin' already!
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Here today, gone tomorrow. The role of Schigolch has been claimed by alanmapstone.

Oh, and thank you as always, Elizabeth.

And like Amanda said, we're really on a roll here. :)
PROJECTS
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

PuerScelestus wrote:I think I could DPL this. I've never done it before but I've read up on how!
Welcome! Glad to have you on board! This should be a spicy one to get started with! :D

Caprisha
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

gloriana wrote:
ChuckW wrote:
CaprishaPage wrote:The pronunciation guide ROCKS!!!
I know! Karlsson went above and beyond the call of duty. I wish there was a way we could give him a credit for his contribution.
I can give him a credit on the catalog page. I'll leave a note in the database to remind me.
I think that would be stupendous! :D
Caprisha

gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I can read narration for both Lulu plays.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

gloriana wrote:I can read narration for both Lulu plays.
Ooooo, that would be awesome, Elizabeth! Thank you so much! :9:
PROJECTS
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I kind of love the idea of reading the Prologue, too, though there's narration bits in between. If I use a very different voice for the carnival barker, do you think it would work okay?
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

gloriana wrote:I kind of love the idea of reading the Prologue, too, though there's narration bits in between. If I use a very different voice for the carnival barker, do you think it would work okay?
Hey, if you think you can pull 'em both off, who am I to complain? :mrgreen: We'll give it a shot. Thanks Elizabeth.
PROJECTS
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Countess Geschwitz
Act IV
Duration: 01:26
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/earthspirit_countessgeschwitz_4.flac

Note: I found two lines I missed (myself) and added them before uploading, so I apologize if I missed any more. I promise to record them post-haste. You know, I have found it more difficult skimming for my character in a language that I am not as familiar with. :D lol! BTW, I was going for ZhaZha Gabore (I totally have NO idea how to spell her name, darling, but I hope you know of whom I speak.) :D
Caprisha

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

CaprishaPage wrote:Countess Geschwitz
Act IV
Duration: 01:26
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/earthspirit_countessgeschwitz_4.flac

Note: I found two lines I missed (myself) and added them before uploading, so I apologize if I missed any more. I promise to record them post-haste. You know, I have found it more difficult skimming for my character in a language that I am not as familiar with. :D lol! BTW, I was going for ZhaZha Gabore (I totally have NO idea how to spell her name, darling, but I hope you know of whom I speak.) :D
Oooo, these sound great. I love what you've done with this character! Thank you again.

And yes, for the record, I do know who Zsa Zsa Gabor is. ;) I was something a latchkey kid when I was young, and wound up consuming an inordinate amount of classic television. Green Acres was naturally one of my favorites.
PROJECTS
PuerScelestus

Post by PuerScelestus »

Countess Geschwitz A-OK!

Also, wasn't it Eva Gabor who was Lisa in Green Acres? Growing up I always liked the older shows (my favorite television program until I was twelve was The Lawrence Welk Show admittedly) and I have the the show on DVD.
-Ian.