COMPLETE: Anne of the Island (dramatic reading) - al

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

philchenevert wrote:I will read Mr. Harrison, 16. :D

I would like to claim the part of Pacifique Buote, 37, please.
Hooray! :mrgreen:

(Oops, I just tried to put you in the MW, but I don't think I did it right. We'll have to wait for Arielle after all.

Sorry, Arielle, I think I did something wrong with Royal Gardner's slot as well - that role is not assigned! Ooops. That will teach me to muck around with things that I wot not of! :oops: )
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Elizabby wrote:
CaprishaPage wrote: Mrs. Rachel Lynde (edited files)
Lovely, that's what! Many thanks, these are now all PL OK! :thumbs:

Great! I shall never forget that phrase as long as I live! Lol!

BTW, chapter 2 sounds great! I had to give it a quick listen when I saw it was up! Everybody sounds amazing!!!!
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

OK, could somebody (else) please listen to Priscilla Grant Chapter 4 and tell me how it sounds? I'm doing my first experiments with an accent - so if it sounds too weird I will go back to my normal voice and let Priscilla sounds like an Aussie! But if it sounds reasonable I'll keep doing her with a "North American" accent. It wanders around a bit, I'm afraid, so I don't guarantee the Canadian-ness of it!

Here it is:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/anneoftheisland_priscilla_4.mp3
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Mr Harrison PL OK!

Pacific Buote PL fantastic! Love that accent! :clap:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Elizabby wrote:Mr Harrison PL OK!

Pacific Buote PL fantastic! Love that accent! :clap:
Thanks. what is Boute's background? is he French Canadian? or something else? I just guessed. But thanks anyway! (Somehow, all my accented people end up sounding like Cajuns)
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
katec6605

Post by katec6605 »

Not sure if someone else has mentioned this, but in Chapter 39, the character is Mrs Andrews, but there a Narrator paragraphs that refer to Mrs Harmon.

ie:
Mrs. Andrews: "Do,"
Narrator: said Mrs. Harmon effusively.

I'll take Mrs Andrews though, if that's ok?

Thanks
Kate.
Kate C
'It's mind over matter' she said, 'I don't mind because you don't matter.'
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Wow, there was a lot of activity in this thread while I was asleep! Thanks, Phil and everybody. The Magic Window should be up to date now.

I think you're right, Phil, Pacifique Buote is supposed to be French-Canadian. There's definitely some prejudice against the French in these books from the good people of Avonlea--I love the line where Marilla says Davy's table manners are so bad that he'll have to eat in the kitchen "like the French."

Love the accent, Beth! It sounds more Southern US than Canadian to me, but I'm used to how you normally sound so maybe someone else would like to have a listen. :) You know she has lines in Chapter 3 as well, right?
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

katec6605 wrote:Not sure if someone else has mentioned this, but in Chapter 39, the character is Mrs Andrews, but there a Narrator paragraphs that refer to Mrs Harmon.

ie:
Mrs. Andrews: "Do,"
Narrator: said Mrs. Harmon effusively.

I'll take Mrs Andrews though, if that's ok?

Thanks
Kate.
That would be great, Kate! Actually the character's name is Mrs. Harmon Andrews so the line is correct--I think in Avonlea, there's more than one Andrews family, so they might have Mrs. Joe Andrews, Mrs. Peter Andrews, etc., and they do sometimes refer to a wife as Mrs. [husband's first name]. Different times, right? :)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Anne Chapters 7-9 are up!
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Elizabby wrote:OK, could somebody (else) please listen to Priscilla Grant Chapter 4 and tell me how it sounds? I'm doing my first experiments with an accent - so if it sounds too weird I will go back to my normal voice and let Priscilla sounds like an Aussie! But if it sounds reasonable I'll keep doing her with a "North American" accent. It wanders around a bit, I'm afraid, so I don't guarantee the Canadian-ness of it!

Here it is:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/anneoftheisland_priscilla_4.mp3
Lovely accent! :o)
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Chapters 4 and 8 are up!
jtmartinsen

Post by jtmartinsen »

I would like to claim the part of Mr. Douglas in Chapters 32 and 34. My wife Laura who still needs to establish her Librivox ID and submit her one minute test would like to claim the part of Mrs. Douglas. We think it will be fun to read the husband and wife parts. Thanks.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

wildemoose wrote: Love the accent, Beth! It sounds more Southern US than Canadian to me, but I'm used to how you normally sound so maybe someone else would like to have a listen. :) You know she has lines in Chapter 3 as well, right?
Yeah, I'm doing my best with it, but the accent keeps trying to head south! No idea why... :hmm: I think I'm going to have to settle for a "North American" accent and refine it as I go. As long as it doesn't sound too artificial to those listening - which it does to me. But I really didn't think it would feel true to the text to have an Aussie Priscilla Grant claim to be from "the Island" - everyone would think it was Tasmania! :roll:

There is a rather long section in Chapter 3 which I'll do when I feel more up to it - I thought I'd go for the short sentences first and take breaks in-between! I'll probably come back and do Chapter 3 last.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

jtmartinsen wrote:I would like to claim the part of Mr. Douglas in Chapters 32 and 34. My wife Laura who still needs to establish her Librivox ID and submit her one minute test would like to claim the part of Mrs. Douglas. We think it will be fun to read the husband and wife parts. Thanks.
OK, I've put you in for Mr Douglas, but I'll need Laura's Librivox ID to add her.