COMPLETE: Vindication of the Rights..., Wollstonecraft-NF/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Here is chapter 1:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ydhziljzqo

It was a tougher read than I expected, with a couple of really tricky sentences. This one took a few goes!
But if, to crown the whole, there were to be rational creatures produced, allowed to rise in excellency by the exercise of powers implanted for that purpose; if benignity itself thought fit to call into existence a creature above the brutes, who could think and improve himself, why should that inestimable gift, for a gift it was, if a man was so created as to have a capacity to rise above the state in which sensation produced brutal ease, be called, in direct terms, a curse?
David
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

earthcalling wrote:Here is chapter 1:-

It was a tougher read than I expected, with a couple of really tricky sentences. This one took a few goes!
But if, to crown the whole, there were to be rational creatures produced, allowed to rise in excellency by the exercise of powers implanted for that purpose; if benignity itself thought fit to call into existence a creature above the brutes, who could think and improve himself, why should that inestimable gift, for a gift it was, if a man was so created as to have a capacity to rise above the state in which sensation produced brutal ease, be called, in direct terms, a curse?
David
Good heavens. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Sentences like these are exactly why it is a bad idea to educate women. ;)
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

earthcalling wrote:Here is chapter 1:-

It was a tougher read than I expected, with a couple of really tricky sentences. David
Proofed and word perfect David. :thumbs:
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Here's section 05c. We seem to be almost done. Well, I seem to be almost done... :D Maybe Mary will get cataloged this year after all!

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/226427/vindicationrightsofwoman05cwollstonecraft.mp3
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

We might be able to catalogue it this year if some people help proof-listening! :) There's a thread in Listeners Wanted.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
alexfoster

Post by alexfoster »

Okely dokely, magic box updated. Thanks for the files!

Alex
[url]http://www.alexfoster.me.uk[/url]
Work in progress: [url=http://www.alexfoster.me.uk/podcasting]here[/url]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Another month has gone by... we were doing so well...
Have we had any news from DSayers, AnaNelson and Alys re their sections?
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

I was looking at my list of things I still have to record, and I have a confession to make...

...my section is not done.

You guys are still waiting on 05d.

I will try to get it done this week though; I've been working through my long-outstanding projects (most of which were recorded a while ago and wait simply to be edited).
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Ha! Thanks, Caet. :)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Looks like this has stalled again. I've updated the reader list with the latest proof-listening etc (all currently available sections have now been proof-listened).

Quick update on what's outstanding?
00a - needs edit (who will do this?)
00b - needs edit (who will do this?)
04B - needs recording (DSayers - I've PMd - he needs start and end point)
04C - needs recording (AnaNelson - Alex, have you heard from her?)
05a - needs edit (have PMd Caeristhiona)
05d - needs recording (Caeristhiona - I've PMd)
07 - needs edit (who will do this?)
08 - needs recording (Alys - Alex, have you heard from her?)
09 - needs edit (who will do this?)
10 - needs edit (Gesine will do)
13a - needs edit (who will do this?)
Last edited by Gesine on February 5th, 2007, 7:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Hi Gesine,

I'll be willing to help out on editing if any readers are now unavailable to do their own (and assuming I can do the edit whilst not having their voice available).

Ta,
Carl.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Oh, that's very kind of you, Carl! Let's wait to hear what Alex says, but I'll wager he'll snap up your offer. :)

I heard from DSayers - he's unsure of the start and end points of his part of chapter 4B. Alex, can you help? I know the info was in the first post at one time; I'm afraid I might have accidentally erased it when I pasted in the reader list.
alexfoster

Post by alexfoster »

Gesine wrote:Oh, that's very kind of you, Carl! Let's wait to hear what Alex says, but I'll wager he'll snap up your offer. :)
Too right! More than happy for that to be done.
Gesine wrote:I heard from DSayers - he's unsure of the start and end points of his part of chapter 4B. Alex, can you help? I know the info was in the first post at one time; I'm afraid I might have accidentally erased it when I pasted in the reader list.
Erm... How to phrase this delicately... he knew what the start and end points were when he made his recording, which I have, and forgot to amend magic box... :) :)

Link now available for proof listening.

Alys - no contact since Nov; AnaNelson, no contact except in thread. Should I PM or Orphaned Chapters?
[url]http://www.alexfoster.me.uk[/url]
Work in progress: [url=http://www.alexfoster.me.uk/podcasting]here[/url]
Ponyfeathers

Post by Ponyfeathers »

Glad to see this is moving again. I'd have more sympathy for the author not getting her work into audio faster, except that she should have thought of that when she was making her sentences four paragraphs long and putting words like "animadversions" in the titles. :wink:

I notice that my chapter seems to be missing a line (and also has a repeat) according to the prooflistener. (Thank you prooflisteners, BTW!)Should I try to rerecord that bit and resend the whole chapter?