COMPLETE The Freedmen's Book by Lydia Maria Child - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ref

Post by ref »

I thought you were going to say Lu or Lucy, which would make sense. But Lucretia is nice just as it is :D
ref

Post by ref »

lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

ref wrote:I thought you were going to say Lu or Lucy, which would make sense. But Lucretia is nice just as it is :D
Hi, Rhonda--

Oh, yes--Lu, Lucy, and every variation thereof--Louie, LuLu, etc. Kids (and others) can be very inventive with nicknames when otherwise faced with pronouncing "Lucretia"-- :lol:

I listened to the two newest sections--wonderful readings, Rhonda--and an uplifting, happy story! :thumbs:

Section 37: PL OK
Section 38: PL OK

I will have limited access to my computer for a few days now, but I will try to check in as I can. Do hope that you are having a great holiday weekend! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
ref

Post by ref »

Yes, we needed a feel good story already, right?!!!

Don't worry about computer access on my account. I still have plenty to do.

We are spending some time with my daughter this weekend and will be off later in the week to see my son at school in Chicago. He is playing Geoffrey in Lion in Winter and I love seeing his performances. Still trying to record in between all the visiting. Hope you are having a great holiday weekend, too :D
ref

Post by ref »

ref

Post by ref »

ref

Post by ref »

ref

Post by ref »

lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi once again, Rhonda--

Sorry for the delay in my PL'ing for the last week. Things should be getting back to "normal" for me now, whatever that means--! :D I listened to your new sections last night, and they all sounded great! :thumbs: (I truly do enjoy listening to the poetry that you record--you do a wonderful job.)

Section 46: PL OK
Section 47: PL OK
Section 48: PL OK
Section 49: PL OK
Section 50: PL OK
Section 51: PL OK
Section 52: PL OK
Section 53: PL OK

So hope that you are having a good week--and I'll watch for your next sections... :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
ref

Post by ref »

Not a problem at all, Lucretia.

I really like the variety in this book... some poems, some stories. It paints a very vivid picture of the times.

One more section, 40:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/freedmensbook_40_child.mp3
27:51
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi Rhonda--Just finished listening to your newest section--everything perfect. :thumbs:

Section 40: PL OK

Have a good evening!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
ref

Post by ref »

Hi Lucretia,

Sorry for being MIA. I have been sidetracked with another project. I hope to get back to this soon to wrap it up. Might be a couple of weeks.

Hope your recordings and listening are going well!
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi, Rhonda--

No worries. I am indeed having lots of fun with recording sections (just when I begin to catch up a bit, I grab a few more sections), PL'ing, maybe even thinking about BC'ing a group project--??--but nothing definite in mind yet. :)

Anyway, take your time...I will be flitting around when you get back...
Kind regards,
Lucretia
ref

Post by ref »

Hi Lucretia,

Finally got back to a couple of sections here.
How's everything going with your other projects?

Section 54
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/freedmensbook_54_child.mp3
4:43

Section 55
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/freedmensbook_55_child.mp3
3:04
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi, Rhonda--

Good to see you again! :)

Oh, I'm scrambling (as usual) to get my claimed sections all recorded, eyeing new things that I'd like to do. I started a solo about Mark Twain, but I've yet to get a completed section out there :shock: (recorded Section 01 but not yet edited). I'm trying my hand at BC'ing a couple of projects, but they're a bit slow starting. That's O.K. I keep finding more that I think would be great as group projects--but I'm not very speedy at getting things set up. Perhaps I'm taking on too many as DPL, I don't know--it takes up quite a bit of my time, but I enjoy PL'ing. (Actually, the problem may be my "real" job interfering with my LV activities! If I could just win the lottery, then wave goodby to bosses & co-workers, settle down at my laptop & mic... :9: ).

Hope all is well with you...I'll try to listen to your files this evening.
Kind regards,
Lucretia