COMPLETE: Hamlet by William Shakespeare (v. 3) - al

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Hamlet by William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616) .

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/hamlet-version-3-by-william-shakespeare/
The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark is a tragedy by William Shakespeare. Set in the Kingdom of Denmark, the play dramatizes the revenge Prince Hamlet exacts on his uncle Claudius for murdering King Hamlet, Claudius's brother and Prince Hamlet's father, and then succeeding to the throne and taking as his wife Gertrude, the old king's widow and Prince Hamlet's mother. The play vividly portrays both true and feigned madness – from overwhelming grief to seething rage – and explores themes of treachery, revenge, incest, and moral corruption. (Summary by Wikipedia)
  1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
    Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  2. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here

To find a role to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which role you'd like to read. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?

Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://shakespeare.mit.edu/hamlet/index.html
  5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project:
    play

Keywords that describe the book/play:
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per act.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:
    At the beginning: Act [#] of Hamlet, by William Shakespeare . This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of Act [#]. At the end of the play, add End of Hamlet, by William Shakespeare .

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3 hamlet_[role]_[#].mp3 (all lower-case), where # is the act number and 'role' is the name of your character.
    ID3 V2 tags: Not needed for individual parts.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: al - wildemoose
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
[/list]

Any questions? Please post below or PM me.
Miss Avarice

Post by Miss Avarice »

If Ophelia isn't taken may I have the part? (If she is unavailable feel free to put me down for whatever you think would be good.) thanks!
Last edited by Miss Avarice on July 5th, 2012, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
And I eat men like air.
- Lady Lazarus, Sylvia Plath
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Is this a vanity project? Heck yeah! But I did notice that very few of the readers who participated in our last Hamlet in 2009 are still around...so this should be a good opportunity for some of our newer Shakespeare lovers.

Cross-gender casting (as you might imagine) is not only acceptable but welcome for this project! Claim away!
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Miss Avarice wrote:If Ophelia isn't taken may I have the part? (If she is feel free to put me down for whatever you think would be good.) thanks!
Heh, you posted before I even got my little intro post going. :) Ophelia is yours!
Miss Avarice

Post by Miss Avarice »

Haha I have been hovering around the launch pad since I realized I didn't have any open sections....... I'm a little embarrassed now :P
Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
And I eat men like air.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Miss Avarice wrote:Haha I have been hovering around the launch pad since I realized I didn't have any open sections....... I'm a little embarrassed now :P
Oh please, you're talking to the premier Launch Pad stalker. :P
Miss Avarice

Post by Miss Avarice »

If it says "Drama" I am so on it! Even if I have no idea what it's about! I almost always get the small children/ingenue parts anyhow, not that I'm complaining ;) I'm excited to read Hamlet. It's one of my favorites!
Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
And I eat men like air.
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Hi Arielle!

I want to be on the cast but I don't know who to pick... :hmm:

can you just assign me a role? :)
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Arielle,

Could I be Queen Gertrude? or Laertes if you think it would be better.

Thanks!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

JohanLiebert wrote:Hi Arielle!

I want to be on the cast but I don't know who to pick... :hmm:

can you just assign me a role? :)
Sure, how about Reynaldo? It's a small role but he has a fun scene with Polonius.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

alg1001 wrote:Hi Arielle,

Could I be Queen Gertrude? or Laertes if you think it would be better.

Thanks!
-Amy
I think you'd be a fabulous Gertrude, Amy!
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Arielle,
May I have the First Player/Player King?

Bob
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

bobgon55 wrote:Arielle,
May I have the First Player/Player King?

Bob
Absolutely!
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Arielle,

I would also like to claim the Ghost. Love that guy! :wink:

Bob
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

bobgon55 wrote:Arielle,

I would also like to claim the Ghost. Love that guy! :wink:

Bob