COMPLETE - Bleak House, by Charles Dickens - AF/ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kayray

Post by kayray »

Remember that you can give Susan the BC login, and she can add editing notes right into the Notes field in the Magic Window, if that would streamline the process. The Magic Window could be added to your Editor Wanted post, too. Saves work all around :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Asaf Bartov

Post by Asaf Bartov »

Oh dear, I was outrun! I was planning to claim Bleak House as a solo project, now that I've recorded two full chapters in group projects. Oh well. Good luck, acro! If you need any help with the text, or want advice about tones and touches, I'd be delighted to help. I just adore this book, and have even written about it academically.

Cheers!
Asaf Bartov
http://ijon.livejournal.com
kayray

Post by kayray »

Asaf, we like to have alternate versions of everything! If you love Bleak House and want to read it too, please go right ahead :)
Kara
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

I've got my few comments through Chapter 3. Just let me know where to post them for the editor, and I'll them there! It’s going so well; Cynthia’s doing great. She has a very soothing voice that draws you into the story.

ezwa--I know that earlier a post said that Cynthia had 18 chapters finished--but I only see 4 at the site that was given, and of course, only 1 on the magic window. Should I be looking somewhere else? I'll check with Cynthia, too.

Thanks! SusanKC
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

OK. Sorry to be a bit slow. I only had access to a very slow internet connection this week-end.

I've posted a new thread in the Editors wanted forum : http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4541

Susan, I'll send you the information you need to add your comments in the "Magic window".
I've added the links to the first four chapters.
The other ones that are completed are still in the hands of Cynthia.

Thanks for your help and suggestions, Anita and Kara!

Asaf, if you love the book, go for it!
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Jo offers to edit the files. :D

Thanks for your editing notes Susan!

Unless you can send wav files (which would be larger and take longer to upload), Cynthia, it will be done on the mp3 files (little loss of quality).
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

kayray

Post by kayray »

I just noticed that another copy of chapter one has been uploaded... perhaps it has been edited or something? It would be tremendously helpful if whoever is doing the editing would add "FIXED" to the filenames of fixed files, so that I know which ones to delete and which to save, e.g. bleak_house_01_dickens_FIXED.mp3

Trust me, this will save a lot of headaches and misery later ;-)

(Ezwa can easily edit out the "FIXED" once all the files are ready to catalog, and she'll know for certain that she's cataloging the correct files!)
Kara
--------
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Thanks, Kara! I made a note in the other thread.
Ezwa

Boileau

acrobatty

Post by acrobatty »

I have (with the help of my patient husband the computer mavin) edited chapters 1 and 2 pursuat to Heart of Texas's suggestions. I'm sending them on and will continue reading. And waiting for more comments!

Acrobatty
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Great, Acrobatty. I've made a note to Jo (knotyouraveragejo).
Ezwa

Boileau

kayray

Post by kayray »

And I've renamed those two files with "FIXED" in the filename so there's no confusion :)
Kara
--------
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

Just so I know I'm not missing them some where (which is so entirely possible!) --only chapters 1-4 are available for me to listen to, right? I'm caught up?

Susan
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Susan, so far, there are only 4 chapters on the uploader.

Kara, you'll see two chapter 1 fixed. Jo wanted to know whether Cynthia is happy with the way it's done before going on. Could you leave them where they are at the moment (I've pmed the links to Cynthia)? Thanks.
Ezwa

Boileau

kayray

Post by kayray »

I'll leave them where they are. There are now a couple of versions of each chapter, so someone will have to tell me very specifically which ones are the keepers :)
Kara
--------
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Chapters 5-8 are now linked to.

Kara, thanks. The two chapter 1 files are named differently so, it will be easy to let you know which one to keep. :wink: If you want to move chapters 5-8 into the appropriate folder, please let me know so that I can change the link.

Cheers,
Ezwa

Boileau