[COMPLETE]The Malay Archipelago V2 by Alfred R. Wallace-arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

Nicholas, if I may suggest one more little procedural matter.... your post quoted below is how I LOVE (as a DPL) to get word of a newly uploaded section. Picture me at a stoplight with my cellphone.... my email prompts me with a link to a new post, and with one click I can nab the recorded file from my phone and PL it staightaway as the light turns green-- :wink: --without the longer loading time the MW takes. Then as I wend thru hills and wide, empty spaces... I can jot any PL notes on my hand as I drive, and post the note as easily when I can pull over to compose the note. (Bob IS my uncle!)
:help: You will find that new sections posted in this manner will get the quickest PLing from me! :9:

~S~
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
nlonghu

Post by nlonghu »

Right, back in the seat again - and catching up with posts! I was not alerted on my gmail account to these new messages. Bear with me as I re-read your suggestions. Back soon.

Another recording on its way ...
Last edited by nlonghu on May 16th, 2012, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A book must be the ax for the frozen sea within us." ~Franz Kafka
nlonghu

Post by nlonghu »

nlonghu

Post by nlonghu »

Section 7 (Chapter 27)

This one in MW already (over a month ago), but needs PLing.

(25:36)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/malayarchipelagovol2_27_wallace.mp3
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

Great to see you "back at it," Nick. I'll PL both of these in the next day or two. I have some estate matters that come first.

06 is not in the MW yet, but in a thread post a few posts up (I'll PL it from there). It needs to be in both places. Can you add it to the MW please?

~Susan
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
nlonghu

Post by nlonghu »

Will do. You want both thread and MW, then? That's how I'll do it from now on.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes please . Putting it in the MW doesn't let us know it has arrived , so it needs a thread post as well and it is easier for the DPL if the link is there too.

Anne
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

Nick, please add that last download to the MW (and the file length in the MW), so I can PL it.

I learned a long time ago just how much havoc I can make for myself (and others) if I download a file from a thread post before the BC has posted it in the MW. The MW is the MW because that is where the magic truly happens.

~Susan
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi Susan

I will go and fix up all the file numbers Nick is numbering them incorrectly - I was waiting till they had PLed so there would be no confusion , but it better happen now I think

Nick - if you are reading this - standard libriVox procedure is for the number of the file to match the section number in the MW , not the book chapter number - they may in some cases be the same but often like here they are not

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think it is all OK now Susan - they are all in the MW with the right name :D

Anne
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

annise wrote:Hi Susan

I will go and fix up all the file numbers Nick is numbering them incorrectly - I was waiting till they had PLed so there would be no confusion , but it better happen now I think

Nick - if you are reading this - standard libriVox procedure is for the number of the file to match the section number in the MW , not the book chapter number - they may in some cases be the same but often like here they are not

Anne
I do not need to re-PL anything? You also checked tags?

~S~
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

annise wrote:I think it is all OK now Susan - they are all in the MW with the right name :D

Anne
:clap: Anne, thanks to you, I was able to nab both files that need PLing before getting on an airplane in the AM for an arduous trip that badly needs ear candy. (And for some reason, one would not download off the threadpost anyway.)

:9: Nick, you will read me off to sleepyland many times over with these two files, lending peace to a very difficult time with family as we gather to remember our departed Mom. (I'll also hear them wide awake, LOL)

:thumbs: Vive La Librivox! :thumbs:

~Susan
nlonghu

Post by nlonghu »

Hi Susan and Annise,

Just now seeing your last posts -- and pleas for correct numbering and posting as thread. Maybe I'll get this right in the end :oops:

Right -- let me know how this fares ... :

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/malayarchipelagovol2_08_wallace_.mp3
nlonghu

Post by nlonghu »

Susan - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :( I only caught this note on the second reading of posts. This is very sad news. I hope that the recordings continue giving measure of comfort.

Nick
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

nlonghu wrote:Susan - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :( I only caught this note on the second reading of posts. This is very sad news. I hope that the recordings continue giving measure of comfort.

Nick
Thanks, sweetie, and yes in fact you were a strong help in a long and very dark night. We're just back... I'll get back with notes when I've slept a few days.

As far as getting anything "right" here-- may I say?-- you will make it easiest on yourself to do that, if you simply read the thread's new posts
(e a c h t i m e , s l o w l y ).

On that, I speak from past and current experience-- there is so much info packed into each post, so often, that it simply takes awhile to absorb it. L'vox is just so full of smart volunteers... and also ( :shock: ) I suspect you and I are also in the process of getting as smart as those heroes who joined here a little before we did. :mrgreen:

~Susan
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................