COMPLETE: (Dramatic Reading) Emma by Jane Austen - al

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Emma by Jane Austen (December 16, 1775 - July 18, 1817)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/emma-dramatic-reading-by-jane-austen/
Emma is a novel about youthful hubris and the perils of misconstrued romance....As in her other novels, Austen explores the concerns and difficulties of genteel women living in Georgian-Regency England; she also creates a lively comedy of manners among her characters. Before she began the novel, Austen wrote, "I am going to take a heroine whom no one but myself will much like." In the very first sentence she introduces the title character as "Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich." Emma, however, is also rather spoiled, headstrong, and self-satisfied; she greatly overestimates her own matchmaking abilities; she is blind to the dangers of meddling in other people's lives, and her imagination and perceptions often lead her astray. (Summary by Wikipedia)
  1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim (or by the target completion date, whatever is sooner). Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it’ll go back to the pool. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen. The target completion date for this project is February 2013.
  2. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
    To find a role to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are “up for grabs.” Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which role you’d like to read. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/158 (PLEASE USE GOOGLE DOCS IN MW BELOW)
  5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

For this reading, please use a British accent if you are able. Also, please be word perfect! - thank you! :D

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430
    Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    Submit one file per chapter.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading the narration, please include for each file:
    At the beginning: Volume [#], Chapter [##] of Emma by Jane Austen. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of Volume [#], Chapter [##]. At the end of the book, add End of Emma by Jane Austen.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:

Save files as 128 kbps MP3 emma_[role]_[#]_[##].mp3 (all lower-case), where # is the volume number and ## is the chapter number.

FOR COMPLETED CHAPTERS: emma_austen_0101, emma_austen_0102......emma_austen_0201, etc.

ID3 V2 tags: Not needed for individual parts.

FOR COMPLETED CHAPTERS: Chronological order for numbering - for example, 01 - Volume 1 Chapter 1; 02 - Volume 1, Chapter 2 ............... 19 - Volume 2 Chapter 1

UPLOAD COMPLETED CHAPTERS TO ARIELLE (al)!

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.

• Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: mb - m8b1
      ** UPLOAD COMPLETED CHAPTERS TO ARIELLE (al)!
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions? Please post below or PM me.
Last edited by JoFriday21 on September 4th, 2012, 5:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

I have all 3 volumes color coded and in google docs ready to go. There has also been a few precasting requests which I have granted.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Amanda, I can't MC this for you at the moment, but I'd love to read for it! Can you assign me a role (since I don't know what's already been claimed)?
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

I would love to read, too! Just pick one for me, as well!!! This is one of my faves! :9:
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

With one request via PM and you 2, I believe we have 2 female roles left. Gimme a minute for assignments :-) (gotta get out of bed LOL!)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I'll MC this for you, Amanda. Be back in a minute with the MW. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

m8b1 wrote:I'll MC this for you, Amanda. Be back in a minute with the MW. :-)

Thank you so much, Maria! :D :thumbs:
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

I'll work more on the MW tonight after work but I'll add in some characters soon! :)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

OK, the MW is up! Have fun everyone!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

m8b1 wrote:OK, the MW is up! Have fun everyone!

You're the best!
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Thanks for including me!! I am super excited! :o) CP
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Maria,

Tisha is on board for DPL! :thumbs: :thumbs:
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »