Audio, video, disco!
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Sections 15-19 have been orphaned.
KingsKid1938

Post by KingsKid1938 »

Hi there.

I would really appreciate it if I could get an answer for this. :hmm:
Starting yesterday I can no longer get into the magic window for any of my projects.
I don't think it's on my end of the line.
It really looks as if somebody has hacked librivox or else there are just problems on the web site.
But whatever it may be, I can do nothing else on my projects until the problem is resolved.
So please let me know.
Thanks.

Tony

PS: If you need to answer me through email, my email is kam@knology.net
dexter

Post by dexter »

Yes, I have the same problem. My browser says:

catalog.librivox.org uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 03/06/2012 5:12 PM. The current time is 06/06/2012 8:24 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

I expect someone at Librivox knows about this and is fixing it... you might want to check the general forums.
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

dexter wrote:Yes, I have the same problem. My browser says:

catalog.librivox.org uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 03/06/2012 5:12 PM. The current time is 06/06/2012 8:24 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

I expect someone at Librivox knows about this and is fixing it... you might want to check the general forums.
Yes dexter, it looks like everybody is having this problem. Something about expired certificates or something. See the discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=40188 Best advise is to wait a day or two - the Librivox admin team should have the problem fixed shortly *fingers crossed* !!
andrewbrown

Post by andrewbrown »

I would like to read "the study of the new testament part 1-5" 15-19. Thank you
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

JoeD

Post by JoeD »

andrewbrown wrote:I would like to read "the study of the new testament part 1-5" 15-19. Thank you
Hello andrewbrown, and welcome to Librivox! I am always happy to welcome new readers, and I thank you for volunteering but it appears that this is your first post here at Librivox. Since this is the case, I ask that before you volunteer to read a section, you first submit a short, 30 second or so, recording to our ‘Listeners and Editors Wanted’ forum. This is not an audition! It is merely a way get you familiar with the recording, editing and submission process, and get the technical kinks worked out. Once that is finished, I can assign you to read sections from this book.

Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording to learn about downloading the appropriate software and how to submit a test recording for Librivox.

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Thanks again, and I am looking forward to your future recordings here!
andrewbrown

Post by andrewbrown »

JoeD wrote:
andrewbrown wrote:I would like to read "the study of the new testament part 1-5" 15-19. Thank you
Hello andrewbrown, and welcome to Librivox! I am always happy to welcome new readers, and I thank you for volunteering but it appears that this is your first post here at Librivox. Since this is the case, I ask that before you volunteer to read a section, you first submit a short, 30 second or so, recording to our ‘Listeners and Editors Wanted’ forum. This is not an audition! It is merely a way get you familiar with the recording, editing and submission process, and get the technical kinks worked out. Once that is finished, I can assign you to read sections from this book.

Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording to learn about downloading the appropriate software and how to submit a test recording for Librivox.

Here is my 30 second test, see URL http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/test_andrewbrown.mp3
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

andrewbrown wrote:
JoeD wrote:

Here is my 30 second test, see URL http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/test_andrewbrown.mp3
Thanks for the test, Andrew! Only one small thing out of place that I can tell - do not worry I will not slap you around!! Your test recording is in stereo - Librivox requires all recordings to be in mono. Other than that it all looks good, so I will go ahead and assign you to sections 15-19. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
andrewbrown

Post by andrewbrown »

This book takes the cake for longest run-on sentences. GAAAH
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

andrewbrown wrote:This book takes the cake for longest run-on sentences. GAAAH
Andrew, yeah I know what you mean. These 19th century books, especially the scholarly stuff, was of a much different style. This book is nothing. You want run-on sentences? Try 19th century German biblical criticism and theology. :shock:
andrewbrown

Post by andrewbrown »

I can only imagine.