[SPANISH] Poema del otono y otros poemas, by Ruben Dario

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
Caffeinated

Post by Caffeinated »

I still haven't heard back from El Aleph, but it just doesn't seem right that all of Dario's poems are in the public domain and we don't have anything from him (that I know of...) ??

... So, I was thinking... in-part, to compensate for all the hoopla I've made about getting a book started... How about we just record poem by poem, as we do with our Poetry Collections... ?

... from what you've said, fae?, it seems El Aleph's copyright is only on how they've formatted the poems in book form... so... if we can find poems individually and compile them our own way (heehee), then it would just be like doing what we're already doing... ?

I can make a first post in 'Shorts' and ask for poems by anybody, with proof that they're in the public domain, and wherever the reader gets it from is wherever they get it from (and I doubt El Aleph would mess with the actual text of the poems, so there'd really be no difference between the individual poems they provide and those others may provide)...

What d'ya think?
fae

Post by fae »

sorry for not responding sooner...my hard drive decided to take a fit and had to be reformated :x

any way... i've never checked to see if the poetry section has a link to the text or not (in books they do) so this could present a problem...is it okay not to site the text with poetry?

i was thinking maybe we should just stick with what's available through the wikisource. there are some really nice one's available through them including Azul and Cancion de Otono en Primavera.

...going to check out the poetry sections of LV, chau...
Caffeinated

Post by Caffeinated »

i'm sorry to hear about your computer. (I hope it's feeling better)...

Yes, the wikisource remains a good idea... BUT GUESS WHAT

El Aleph got back to me... and they said it's okay to use their stuff! :D :D

(... although they would appreciate it if we mention them as being 'the source'... )

*skipping back to email account*
fae

Post by fae »

excellent!!!!!!!!!!

so the editions are only edited as in compiled!!!

nice!

so happy to that we will soon have the second most spoken language in the u.s. here at librivox!
Caffeinated

Post by Caffeinated »

fae wrote: so the editions are only edited as in compiled!!!
That's what I figure, unless they actually buy the copyright from all the original authors (although if that were the case, they would prolly word their disclaimer a little differently)... In any case, there's no need to worry, cuz they gave us the go =)

Umm... I'm a little hesitant about being the one to make a first post, so if I do, you or anybody else, is more than welcome to take it over *winkwink, nudgenudge*

Also, I was thinking about keeping El Aleph in the loop, like giving them the address of the thread we start, and then again when everything's done; and whenever we use a book of theirs... although only if nobody else was doing it...
AnabelleCas

Post by AnabelleCas »

Hello, everyone!

Allow me to stick my big nose in here :mrgreen: :
If you are looking for Azul, you can find the whole book in here:
http://bib.cervantesvirtual.com/bib_autor/dario/pcuartonivel.jsp?autor=dario&conten=obra

Biblioteca Cervantes has many books in Spanish that are in the public domain (if not all), and it's quite reliable (many of my favourites are in there).

Best regards,

Anabelle

EDIT: I've just realized this is an old old message... Oops! :oops: