COMPLETE: Tartuffe by Moliere - law

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
vanTalerie

Post by vanTalerie »

JoFriday21 wrote:
chocoholic wrote:Thanks, Valerie, Elmire is all yours! By the way, JoFriday is who had PM'd me about reading Dorine before you posted in the other thread, so at least it was not a third party beating you both to the punch. :) (Hope you don't mind me telling that, Amanda...) Thank you both, and everyone else too, for being interested and volunteering to help!
aradlaw wrote:(less for the narrator to read)
Yes, that had crossed my mind too :lol: -- less for the editor to edit as well, eh?
I don't mind - I just got lucky I hadn't left my computer yet! ;)

Further evidence that we need to spend more time in front of our computers! :D. Thanks, chocoholic :).

To be honest, I woke up this morning dreaming that this had been posted and someone had claimed Dorine already and I pretty much fell out of bed and in front of my laptop going "I want Elmire she said it'd be up in the next few days IT MUST BE TODAY."

This is ridiculously providential :P.
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Thanks, sidhu, welcome aboard!

Valerie, that is both funny and kind of scary... you know what has happened: you have been assimilated. Ha! We have all been there.
Laurie Anne
Adamski

Post by Adamski »

I'd like to do Orgon, if possible.

Adam
The surest way to eliminate a right is to declare it an obligation

My current projects

Doctor Dolittle
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Hahaha! I think the time zone helped me out too this time ;)
vanTalerie

Post by vanTalerie »

chocoholic wrote: Valerie, that is both funny and kind of scary... you know what has happened: you have been assimilated. Ha! We have all been there.

... oh goodness. Is there a collective consciousness I'm sinking into, the way one sinks into a giant vat of molasses while wearing twelve bricks strapped to each foot?
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Thank you, Adam, you are down for Orgon!

I just realized that the template doesn't include anything about file processing, so I added in a note and I'll just mention it here too. For dramatic works (at least this one), don't do any noise cleaning or amplifying before you send your file. All the files will be processed when they are edited together, and multiple processing passes can create sound artifacts; so you get to skip that step with this project.

Valerie -- well yes, in a way...Image (but harmless of course)
Laurie Anne
hggarrett

Post by hggarrett »

Hello! If you're alright with cross gender casting for this project, could I read Damis? If not, no problem :)
-Grace
Adamski

Post by Adamski »

chocoholic wrote:Thank you, Adam, you are down for Orgon!

I just realized that the template doesn't include anything about file processing, so I added in a note and I'll just mention it here too. For dramatic works (at least this one), don't do any noise cleaning or amplifying before you send your file. All the files will be processed when they are edited together, and multiple processing passes can create sound artifacts; so you get to skip that step with this project.

Valerie -- well yes, in a way...Image (but harmless of course)
Thanks, Laurie Ann. That's good to know.

I haven't done a play reading for LibriVox before. Do you upload the whole part in one file, and some blessed soul gets to piece it all together? Do I leave a certain amount of space between lines? Any advise would be appreciated.
The surest way to eliminate a right is to declare it an obligation

My current projects

Doctor Dolittle
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

hggarrett -- Actually I was hoping for gender-appropriate casting for this one (I'm sorry!) but if no fellows sign on for Damis in the next several days, I might call on you after all. Or would you like to be the police officer? It's a much smaller part so not a very good substitute, but no one will be confused by hearing a female voice in that role so you would be welcome to it! (Who says there weren't female police officers in France back then anyway?)

Adam -- it's in the first post under the Magic Window, but to sum up: yes, the editor gets the fun of sewing together all the pieces from everyone. Please send one file per act, and separate your lines by a few seconds' silence (that is, ambient room noise). I like to insert a generated tone between scenes for easier editing, just 0.1 or 0.2 second's worth; this creates a rectangular "waveform" in Audacity that is easy to find at a glance during editing. At the beginning of your first file, include a voice credit: [character] read by [your name].

David, do you like having tones inserted between scenes within an act too? If so, I'll put more specific instructions about that in the first post.
Laurie Anne
hggarrett

Post by hggarrett »

Police officer sounds great, thanks :)

Grace
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

You're in as the officer, Grace!
Laurie Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team