[GROUP] Elsie's Womanhood by Martha Finley -ba

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

If you can make it work, you may use the mp3-files.
On the other hand, I can process mp3s, so wait a minute and I make them for you.

Back in a sec...

I can edit the mp3-file but I cannot export to aup. Can you handle another file type?

Bart
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
Bedelman

Post by Bedelman »

YOu are very kind. I am going to try to download the MP3, as per Gabrielles suggestion and see if I can make head or tail of how to do the editing. My worry is that once the file is in MP3 form it is all squished into one long window and looks weird to me. (not the familiar wave form) so its hard to see where the silences are.

Sigh. Why does computing come out of one drawer in the brain, and narrating in another? They should devise a program to bridge that gap. :cry:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You can zoom in - you don't have to keep the file so that the whole chapter shows in the window. Use either the zoom in icon (magnifying glass with a plus in it - or Ctrl-1 does the same thing) or do Ctrl-2 (which zooms in to "normal" view).
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Bedelman

Post by Bedelman »

Thanks. I believe I have DONE it! Will wonders never cease? It takes a village to edit that's for sure. Thank you one and all. Here is hoping its all good. B
Bedelman

Post by Bedelman »

: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/elsieswomanhood_10_finley.mp3
:clap: taaaa daaa!!!

Let me know if it still isn't right. I can now easily locate the track and fix it. B
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Thank you, Barbara!
Now, we just need to wait for our wonderful DPL to come along and give the "OK"! :D
~Gabrielle
Bedelman

Post by Bedelman »

Great. Thanks so much for insisting I do this. I learned how, and i feel empowered. Onwards!!!!!
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Thank you, Arielle! Would you like any more chapters? :D
~Gabrielle
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

I am back!!! :wink: Do you think I could take the last three sections (17-19) to get this show on the road?

Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
EarthAjna

Post by EarthAjna »

"And she's very found of her husband, who, she says, is very strong for the Government; and then, besides her distress at the thought that he will enlist, her heart is torn with anguish because her brothers and his are in the opposing armies.
I am wondering what to do in the case of a misprint. I believe the correct word is fond and not found in the quoted sentence above taken directly from Project Gutenberg. So I went and looked up the book on Google Books; they have the actual scanned pages of the book. When I looked there, I found it still to be a typo (2nd quote above or pg.225 if you can't access the link). So should I read it as it is written or correct the mistake or...??? Let me know what would be best.
"When what's written wants weaving, one's will rents reading" (@;~ EarthAjna
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Nice to see you back, Jenn! Yes, you may have those sections! Signing you up for them right now... ;)

EarthAjna - yes, go ahead and change the word from "found" to "fond". You'll probably want to ask if it happens again on a different section/project - because answers on this can vary depending on who the BC/MC is. :)
~Gabrielle
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Thank you, Gabrielle!

Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Hi sorry all, my notices had shut off again. I am pulling these files to PL.
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Chapter 10 - needs another silence spot removed, I updated the MW.

Needs another edit -
0:26-0:33 - silence right after intro. Please remove.

UPDATED - Rest are all PL OK.
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)