(Complete) The Olive Fairy Book by Andrew Lang - mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Damson doesn't appear to have installed the LAME encoder to enable her to export as MP3, so the file she has uploaded is actually a WAV with the extension changed to MP3, which obviously doesn't work.

She is receiving advice in the Count of Monte Cristo thread, so will presumably get her tech specs right and re-upload this one too.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

Thank you, Ruth. I downloaded her file but was unable to listen to it. So, that it explains it.
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

MJFrank,

I listened to chapter 25 today. Tech specs are correct and your reading is lovely. There is only one thing you need to fix. Check your beginning intro. It seems to be missing a bit of it.

Thank you!
Abigail
YoungBD

Post by YoungBD »

I'm still confused as to how to fix my file. What do I need to do in order to correct it?
Thank you,
Damson
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

YoungBD wrote:I'm still confused as to how to fix my file. What do I need to do in order to correct it?
Thank you,
Damson
Damson,

If you haven't installed the LAME encoder then you aren't able to export your Audacity file into an mp3. So, either you need to install the LAME encoder, or do what I do. I don't have the LAME encoder so I export to a wav file (in audacity) then I use a different converter to change to an mp3. In my case I use iTunes to convert to mp3. It's an extra step but I like using and am familiar with iTunes so that's what I do.

If you have iTunes, let me know and I'll tell how to convert a wav file to an mp3.

You can check this link for help on installing the LAME encoder: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Audacity_1-2-3

Hope this helps,
Abigail
MJFranck

Post by MJFranck »

FabulaeAudi wrote:MJFrank,

I listened to chapter 25 today. Tech specs are correct and your reading is lovely. There is only one thing you need to fix. Check your beginning intro. It seems to be missing a bit of it.

Thank you!
Abigail
I listened to your version and heard the glitch you're talking about. My version has no such glitch, and I'm sure that it is a result of a faulty upload. I sent you the same file again today, but again had no luck in achieving a url, so I don't know if you'll get it intact or not. This is very frustrating. I wish I could find out what's wrong with the upload. Did you get another copy today?

MJ Franck
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

MJFranck wrote: I listened to your version and heard the glitch you're talking about. My version has no such glitch, and I'm sure that it is a result of a faulty upload. I sent you the same file again today, but again had no luck in achieving a url, so I don't know if you'll get it intact or not. This is very frustrating. I wish I could find out what's wrong with the upload. Did you get another copy today?

MJ Franck
If you did not rename your file, but rather let it over write when attempting to re-upload, I can download the same link again and hopefully it will be glitch free. I'm sorry you're having troubles.

Abigail
MJFranck

Post by MJFranck »

Well, I listened to the version in your MW, and obviously there is still a problem with this upload. I have fought with this long enough. I am very disappointed. This is something I really wanted to do, and the technology slays me. I give up. I am not destined to read for LibriVox. You should assign it to someone else.

MJ Franck
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

I am sorry to hear you're giving up, MJFranck. Thank you for letting me know.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

MJFranck wrote:Well, I listened to the version in your MW, and obviously there is still a problem with this upload. I have fought with this long enough. I am very disappointed. This is something I really wanted to do, and the technology slays me. I give up. I am not destined to read for LibriVox. You should assign it to someone else.

MJ Franck
Before we give up completely on the file, would you be able to just record the missing part and upload it? Then either Abigail or I could attach it to the main file. It would be such a shame to waste all of your hard work!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

Thank you Maria, that's a great idea! I was trying to think of a way to save all her hard work.

MJFranck, I would greatly appreciate it if you could do that for me. Thank you!
MJFranck

Post by MJFranck »

OK, gang, I hear you. I'm not sure what I must do, but I'll give it a try. Working with the version that is posted in your magic window, I will provide you with the missing tag. Be aware that I plan to leave a longish silence before I begin to avoid the same problem upon upload. Give me a few days.

MJ Franck
MJFranck

Post by MJFranck »

Oops. I see that it is now available. So much turmoil. I'm sorry.

MJ Franck
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

Thank you, MJFranck. Just record the intro/disclaimer for your section, upload it, and then paste the link here. Then I will be able to edit your whole chapter with the new disclaimer and save all your work. :)

Abigail
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

MJFranck wrote:Oops. I see that it is now available. So much turmoil. I'm sorry.

MJ Franck
Oh goodness, I just noticed this post. I'm sorry MJFranck. I still have your section 25 and I had forgotten that I had made it available in the MW. When Maria suggested we still use your file I didn't add you back into the MW.

I have added you back in and I hope you'll be able to still record the disclaimer for it and upload it.

Sorry, the confusion was my fault.

Abigail