[COMPLETE]The Malay Archipelago V2 by Alfred R. Wallace-arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
nlonghu

Post by nlonghu »

Two new recordings for PL-ing.

Don't be too alarmed if occasionally I skip chapters - my choice for what to record is partly determined by how the chapters appear that day (the challenge of a particular chapter never remaining from one day to another!).
Last edited by nlonghu on March 10th, 2012, 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A book must be the ax for the frozen sea within us." ~Franz Kafka
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

nlonghu wrote:Two new recordings for PL-ing.
Thanks nlonghu! I'm still a little behind and have family visiting this weekend, but will try to have them PL'd by the beginning of next week. Can't wait to listen.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
nlonghu

Post by nlonghu »

You can call me Nick, by the way. You too, Annise. Since we're together for the long haul :wink:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

nlonghu wrote:You can call me Nick, by the way. You too, Annise. Since we're together for the long haul :wink:
Thanks Nick - it is easier to spell when dashing off a quick reply :D

Anne
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

I see Chuck is PLing, but as the MW appears not to reflect that he's DPL, I'm available to help/ DPL on this or DPL for Nicholas' next project. (I am just about to PL your French portion of JoeD's project.)

(Welcome to L'vox!)

~Susan
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

WYSIWYG wrote:I see Chuck is PLing, but as the MW appears not to reflect that he's DPL, I'm available to help/ DPL on this or DPL for Nicholas' next project. (I am just about to PL your French portion of JoeD's project.)

(Welcome to L'vox!)

~Susan
I actually had to drop this project from my rotation, so you're welcome to be the DPL if you want. Unfortunately, I just got way too busy. I'm sure Nick would really appreciate it, though, if you helped him out. :)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

Ok

Will download one shortly. After I pl 03, it it is Up to Nick...

Susan.fone
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
nlonghu

Post by nlonghu »

Hello Susan,

Nice to hear that you'd like to PL three tracks :clap: . As ChuckW mentions, he is not able to DPL anymore.

But I see from your message you might like to take over DPLing? That would be great :thumbs:
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

nlonghu wrote:Hello Susan,

Nice to hear that you'd like to PL three tracks :clap: . As ChuckW mentions, he is not able to DPL anymore.

But I see from your message you might like to take over DPLing? That would be great :thumbs:
Hi Nick. Will DPL. fair warning. I am a gusher. :help:

Notes on sec. 03... FAB voice but splicing issues prob abt 10:40 and 13:12. Neat book!

No MW access yet via this new fone. (Later)

Susan.Fone

EDIT:

Notes Section 03

Well... what I had offered was to PL one section to see how it might go (Section 03). At about about 10:40 and 13:12, you will hear some words apparently repeated, and that, I suspect, is a simple splicing issue.

Now the gushing I warned you about. YOU, dear sir, have the yummiest voice, and such a great pace of delivery as you read. This kind of text can be quite dry, but you have taken my passing interest in Malaysia and lit a fire to hear more. So, provisionally, I will DPL. :wink:

But please know that I do a lot of my PLing nowadays from the cellphone while driving, so sometimes you will see a short note like the above and then an expansion upon it when I can stop and pull over. This means that not until I mark the MW will you really know what I've spotted, so please be sure to check the MW before digging into a section. I will also usually say in the post, "MW marked," because that is the onloy way I can keep track, myself! :lol:
Last edited by WYSIWYG on April 19th, 2012, 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
nlonghu

Post by nlonghu »

Thanks for that Susan - I'll check the splicing issue out.

To avoid unnecessary confusion :
"PL - Done" means you've PL'd but I have yet to make the corrections/editing
"PL - OK" means the track is both checked and improved - the track is good.

I'll start adding more chapters soon. They are all done, but now waiting for a one-over before I land them in the MW.

Happy Listening! :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome aboard Susan - you should have access now

Anne
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

nlonghu wrote:Thanks for that Susan - I'll check the splicing issue out.

To avoid unnecessary confusion :
"PL - Done" means you've PL'd but I have yet to make the corrections/editing
"PL - OK" means the track is both checked and improved - the track is good.

I'll start adding more chapters soon. They are all done, but now waiting for a one-over before I land them in the MW.

Happy Listening! :D
EDIT: Hmmm... that is different from how I mark the MW for others' books so you may need to bear with me. I usually just let OK mean OK and if a re-PL is needed I usually note in the MW the page# where the edits are noted in the thread, as PLers' instructions lead us to do. Pls let me know if my MW markings work for you, OK?

~Susan
Last edited by WYSIWYG on April 19th, 2012, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I like it the usual way too - it's better to be consistent around the forum if possible - we try to keep it so that if I disappear and/or Susan disappears either for a few weeks or for ever someone else can take over easily - so Nick could we change it to that way ?

Anne
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

annise wrote:I like it the usual way too - it's better to be consistent around the forum if possible - we try to keep it so that if I disappear and/or Susan disappears either for a few weeks or for ever someone else can take over easily - so Nick could we change it to that way ?

Anne
Old strokebrain here also finds it very confusing when anyone other than I change the markings I have posted in the MW about the PLing I have done.

The MW is the only way I can keep track of what the heck I have done-- those are notes to myself as much as to a reader or MCer. I am accustomed to seeing the BC's "complete" designation in the Status column... to indicate that a section needs no further work, and that usually includes tags and volume setting as well, right?

~Susan
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

Notes Section 05

At about 18:42 there is a repeat: "the seaway was smooth the sea was smooth" (splicing issue?)

MW marked.

The rest is wonderful. How did you happen to come by this text, Nicholas?

~Susan