COMPLETE Satires and Profanities by James Thomson - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jseraphym

Post by jseraphym »

JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

PL Notes section 23

-text reading is PL-Ok, but I think Jane had done too much noise cleaning. There were weird tinny metal sound everywhere and sudden cuts around the middle and near the end. Can you please take a listen CK?
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Here's section 13:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/satiresprofanities_13_thomson.mp3
09:26
I think I've cut too much breathing noise :)
blog

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
hajenso

Post by hajenso »

I'd like to claim Chapter 14.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

kelliherrin, welcome to librivox!

please note that to be able to sign you up, i will need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog once the project is all finished and available to the public. we can also link to your personal website or blog.

please do complete the one minute test before you get started on this chapter. it is not an audition, just a check on your technical setup and to see if you need help with anything that needs fixing.
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks jseraphym and april for your submissions!

ill check on the noisecleaning later today (when i find a quiet spot in my parents' house). and as to the breathing sounds -- you dont have to cut this out at all, the listeners are happy to know that you are alive ;)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hajenso, welcome to librivox and to this project! ill sign you up right away :)

CK
Carolin
hajenso

Post by hajenso »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks a lot :thumbs:

CK
Carolin
NoelBadrian

Post by NoelBadrian »

since april heard the background noise, it may be better to noise clean.
Ok, noise-cleaning done, but I still was unable to find the problem at 02:45, so if it is still there I will try and re-record the section if you let me know from where to where.
Noel
Noel's Recordings

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

the sound of section 23 is good, ill mark it pl ok :)

noel, we are not aiming for perfection. please upload the section with noisecleaning done and we will accept it of course. noisecleaning is important because background noise can be really annoying if you listen in a quiet environment with headphones on, because then it becomes so prominent :)

CK
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

section 13

the reading is pl ok, only the volume is at 86 db while we aim at 89. 87 is where we start to accept it as "close enough" :)

since you mentioned cutting out your breathing noise, let me comment on that -- i noticed it only a few times, so it is all good. the thing with cutting out breathing is that it moves the parts of the sentence between which you took a breath unnaturally close together, which may irritate some readers. i personally like to know that i am being read to by a living human being, who occasionally breathes. but there are some readers who really cant stand to hear themselves breathing. thats fine, but a better way to fix this might be to de-amplify the sound, because in that way the natural pause is preserved (if you paste complete silence there it will also sound strange).

but yes, the volume is the only thing id like you to fix :)

CK
Carolin
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

hah, I used to silence the breathing before along with the clicking my mouth would make to leave some pause... but this time I had to cut them because I needed to stop speaking every once in a while. When I listened in Audacity the flow sounded natural after I cut the big gaps, but when I listened to it again in media player, it sounded like I never breathed at all :P

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/satiresprofanities_13_thomson.mp3
it's now at 89.3 :D
blog

Animo La Salle!
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Section 14 PL-OK!
Great reading Kenji!
blog

Animo La Salle!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

section 13 is now pl ok :thumbs:

dont worry too much about these little things such as your breathing -- all of this comes with practise :)
Carolin