COMPLETE What is Property? by Pierre-Joseph Proudhon-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Thanks Deborah, and a warm welcome to LibriVox.

I have updated your name in the catalogue. Let me know if you encounter any problems with your recording.

Cheers,
Carl.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

I have a query about a footnote. After two words ('The correspondence') of my section, a footnote is signalled, and the text of the footnote says "In the French edition of Proudhon’s works, the above sketch of his life is prefixed [etc]". I think it would be easiest for the reader to understand what's going on if I start with the footnote, but change 'above' to 'following'. Is that allowed? How are footnotes usually handled?

Oh, and the first part of the footnote is actually missing in the Project Gutenberg edition - I found it elsewhere on line.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Hi Deborah.

Yes, I think the way you suggest makes sense.

Thanks,
Carl.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

I've uploaded Section 01: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/cm/whatisproperty_01_proudhon.mp3 . Duration 34:47.

I know that Librivox has a strict no-criticism policy, but as it is my first long recording, I'd really welcome any advice on how I could improve (although I'm afraid my French Rs are beyond help).

Incidentally, the instructions for the recording intro (page 1 of this thread) say 'Jean-Pierre Proudhon', when it should surely be 'Pierre-Joseph Proudhon'. That's what I've said, anyway. :)
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Good morning--

Could I please claim Section 5 (Chapter 1, Part 2)--? Thanks very much! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Deborah wrote:I've uploaded Section 01: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/cm/whatisproperty_01_proudhon.mp3 . Duration 34:47.
Thank you Deborah.

I've fixed the Jean-Pierre thing. I suppose me or someone else must have assumed that, being French, that must have been his name...

There's no proof-listener on the project yet, but hopefully someone will be along to help you with your wobbly Rs before too long.

Cheers,
Carl.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

lubee930 wrote:Good morning--

Could I please claim Section 5 (Chapter 1, Part 2)--? Thanks very much! :)
All yours, Lucretia.
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Good evening, Carl--

Here is my Section 05 (Chapter One, part two):
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/cm/whatisproperty_05_proudhon.mp3
37:32

Let me whittle down a few of my claimed chapters on other projects, and then I'll come back here to grab another section! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
Klemper

Post by Klemper »

I will do Section 2.. Sign me up!
Klemper/Michael
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

lubee930 wrote:Let me whittle down a few of my claimed chapters on other projects, and then I'll come back here to grab another section! :)
Thanks Lucretia. Look forward to seeing you again.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Klemper wrote:I will do Section 2.. Sign me up!
Klemper/Michael
Hi Michael.

That's great. We normally ask new users to do a one-minute test recording first, though. This really is a good idea, because it is better to spend a minute than to record and edit a whole chapter of a book, only then to find out that it can't be used because there is something wrong with your setup.

You can find out how to do the one-minute test here

Cheers,
Carl.
pzadok

Post by pzadok »

Is it too late to hop aboard?

If possible I'd like to take section 13 (and if you'd like, 14)

Thanks!
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Hi pzadok.

I've signed you up for both, although it's not a question of what I'd like, you understand.

Welcome aboard.

Cheers,
Carl.
lezer

Post by lezer »

I'd like to read section 6, please.
Anna
Anna
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

All yours. Thanks Anna.