Extraordinary Adv of Arsène Lupin, by M. Leblanc -AF/ad

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thank you! That's one of the nice things of this book (for a collaborative project), all the chapters are mostly self-contained stories.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Starlite has kindly edited chapter 04 for me. Anita, I've PMd you about its location. I'll get on to chapter 08 asap.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Yay! Thank you So Much, Starlite!

Everyone may note that Starlite is now wearing the handy-dandy bat cape (see the Admin Team badge under her name) ... ::applause::

This magnificent book is nearing completion... will have to do something about that... :)
(rounding up the links, prooflistening...)

Thanks everyone!
Anita
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

So sorry to be holding this up. I started editing chapter 8 but never finished - I've enlisted some help now and so the chapter should be complete soon.
Fox in the Stars

Post by Fox in the Stars »

I've been holding it up even more. I think I should just admit it and release my chapter for adoption. ^_^;;
Laura "Fox in the Stars": fan-author, puppyshipper.
...and [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/LauraFox]LibriVixen. >^-~<[/url]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

It's done! Anita, please find the file extraordinary_lupin_8_leblanc.mp3 in the Staredits folder on your server.

Oh and, Anita - do you need help getting the project into the new system? I can whiz up a reader list for you in a couple of minutes... :)
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

oh yay, oh yay! Another Gesine-read chapter!

Say...an offer to take work off my hands? Can I resist? No.
If you have the time to whip this into the new catalog form, I'll take a moment to zip over to the orphaned chapters thread and we'll skip along.

I'm writing a NaNoWriMo chapter today. That's why I'm feeling SO very inspired to read the forums, catch up on admin work ... :roll:

--or, Gesine, you can write my chapter, and I'll do skads of admin work :twisted:
Anita
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

I haven't gone through all the posts to see if it's been claimed, but if no one has taken chapter 1 yet, I'll do it.
Karen S.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Oh, lovely, Karen! You're on! Thanks very much. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Anita
rootpi

Post by rootpi »

Hi - so is 5 still orphaned (as per the first post)? If you need someone, I'm happy to do it...

julian
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

julian, splendid! You're on!

I just listened to "New England Song" -- gorgeous voice quality and clarity and expressiveness. Delighted to have you on this book!!

[side note: I noticed a wee tiny bit of plosive action and would recommend you move your microphone a tad further from your mouth for recording. Moving the headset wand above the mouth is often a great cure, or moving a non-headset mic just to the side is often helpful. Or if you have a mic, like mine, that requires direct-on recording, then a wind screen or "pop screen" is the way.]

Thanks a million!

OOoops!
Except...let's wait just two days, okay? I've PM'd the person who had signed up for that chapter months ago, but since he hasn't posted to LV for three full months ...
Anita
rootpi

Post by rootpi »

Anita,

Yes, no problem, happy to wait until you give me the go-ahead.

And thanks for the feedback (the Thanksgiving poem, right?), positive and negative! I hadn't noticed plosives before but will try to be more careful. I use a headset and I think the distance of the mic arm above my mouth probably ends up varying from session to session. I do try a test-run each time, but never know quite what phrases to test with -- do you have suggestions about particularly problematic ones to play with, or what to look for?

[reminds me of my brief acting career in high school, walking around before each performance, attempting to enunciate: "Whether the weather be cold, or whether the weather be hot, we'll be together, whatever the weather, whether we like it or not"]

-julian
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

rootpi wrote:I do try a test-run each time, but never know quite what phrases to test with -- do you have suggestions about particularly problematic ones to play with, or what to look for?
-julian
Hee hee. Try "Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers"

It seems the P's are the worst for plosives. :P

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
rootpi

Post by rootpi »

Starlite wrote:
rootpi wrote:I do try a test-run each time, but never know quite what phrases to test with -- do you have suggestions about particularly problematic ones to play with, or what to look for?
-julian
Hee hee. Try "Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers"

It seems the P's are the worst for plosives. :P

Esther :)
Perfect! Perhaps that will at least partly penetrate the problem for me :)
thanks...
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Anita - reader list is in the first post and project added to admin. Note that not all readers' catalogue names have been added (I didn't know tim's).

Also, the Listen URLs still need to be added; I'm not sure where you keep the files on your server.