A Bride from the Bush

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
von

Post by von »

Has anyone considered 'A Bride from the Bush' by Hornung?
Please use PM for contacting me even when I have just posted something in the forum. I don't read forum posts, generally. Thx.

Alleluia! the salvation, and the glory, and the honour, and the power, is to the Lord our God
Cori

Post by Cori »

Found here at: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/38388 -- 82k words, about a 9hr book all told.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
von

Post by von »

Cori wrote:Found here at: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/38388 -- 82k words, about a 9hr book all told.
thx
Please use PM for contacting me even when I have just posted something in the forum. I don't read forum posts, generally. Thx.

Alleluia! the salvation, and the glory, and the honour, and the power, is to the Lord our God
carolb

Post by carolb »

Also suggested on 27th December in Timothy's thread "2012 Year of Reading Australia" over in Volunteers wanted forum.

Carol
von

Post by von »

My daughter read it (I've only read the first chapter but have it on my 'to do' list) said it was funny, ending a bit disappointing, kind of combination of Henty and Wodehouse. Concerns clash between British and Australian cultures, I understand.

carolb

Post by carolb »

I only read the first page or so and it seems very suitable for the "2012 Year of Reading Australia." Timothy hasn't replied yet, so maybe - if you plan on recording it, you could contact him for deadlines etc.?

Carol :wink: