COMPLETE[DRAM.READ]The Orange-Yellow Diamond, by Fletcher-lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

The Orange-Yellow Diamond by J.S. Fletcher (1863 - 1935) .

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-orange-yellow-diamond-by-j-s-fletcher/

Kim (Peppersnoodles93) is at present the BC and editor for this project, while Linny is away.
A novelist finds himself struggling to make ends meet. In his effort to raise a bit of money to get him by, he finds himself in the middle of a mystery. Murder, theft, and love, all the ingredients for a wonderful reading. Please note: There is some stereotyping of ethnic groups however it is presented without malice but rather a sign of the times. (Summary by Linette Geisel)
  1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim (or by the target completion date, whatever is sooner). Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen. The target completion date for this project is 2013-APR-01 .
  2. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
    To find a role to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which role you'd like to read. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/9297 Please read only from the GoogleDocs!
  5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

I'll PL files as they come in. Once I have the final chapters edited Darvinia will PL them against the Gutenberg text.

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project:
    mystery
    Keywords that describe the book:
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430
    Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    Submit one file per act. Please read ONLY from the Googledocs.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your first recording:
    [Role and any description], read by [your name].
    Please leave a couple of seconds between lines to assist with editing.
    Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Save files as 128 kbps FLAC orangeyellowdiamond_[role]_[##].flac (all lower-case), where ## is the chapter number.
    ID3 V2 tags: Not needed for individual parts.
    Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lz - lezer
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Any questions? Please post below or PM me.
Last edited by linny on February 1st, 2013, 7:56 pm, edited 36 times in total.
linny

Post by linny »

Yes, I do think I'm crazy. I started feeling badly that the other dramatic readings I was BCing were not PD for everyone so I browsed through some mysteries at Gutenberg and came across this one. Googledocs are done and being uploaded now. Now let's hope they don't all require editing at the same time. :shock:
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Linny, this is totally just a thought and you can completely ignore me--but this is a BIG project and even some of the smaller projects are having a hard time finding readers just now. Maybe for now, do one dramatic reading rather than two, just until the first one gets going? I know some of the MCs are stretched a little thin right now and you might have trouble getting an MC for both projects, as well.
linny

Post by linny »

Posting replaced by the MW.
Last edited by linny on December 29th, 2011, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linny

Post by linny »

wildemoose wrote:Linny, this is totally just a thought and you can completely ignore me--but this is a BIG project and even some of the smaller projects are having a hard time finding readers just now. Maybe for now, do one dramatic reading rather than two, just until the first one gets going? I know some of the MCs are stretched a little thin right now and you might have trouble getting an MC for both projects, as well.
Thanks for the input. I posted links to all the roles because Kristin had pre-claimed one of the larger characters. This way she can start recording while things calm down for the MCs.
Be well,
Linny
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi linny,
I can be MC for you - but I don't have much experience with dramatic works - but as long as it's just answering questions etc and cataloguing in the end, I'll be fine I think :D and you seem to enjoy BC'ing these things, so I'll let you do all the hard work :wink:
I'll be back with a MW, after I've made myself some tea :).
Anna
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

OK - linny - MW is ready for you to fill up. Let me know if you need more sections.

What's your view on women claiming men's roles and vice versa? might be good to mention that in the first post.

And who's going to do the editing? I guess PL-ing is only necessary once the editing has been done? Might be good to ask the PL-er at that time to check against the gutenberg-text once in a while (just spot-check) to make sure no mistakes have slipped into the Google-doc-transformation?

Have fun - I suggest we leave the project in the Launch Pad for a day or two longer, so that it will catch people's eye.

Anna
Anna
Fongie

Post by Fongie »

Oh oooh oh can I be bold enough to claim the poor young man Andrew Lauriston?

Mystery, awesome! :D
linny

Post by linny »

Fongie wrote:Oh oooh oh can I be bold enough to claim the poor young man Andrew Lauriston?

Mystery, awesome! :D
Well, yes you may. Thank you for claiming. :D
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Anna,
Thank you for MCing. I hope we won't be any trouble for you.

I've revised the initial posts based on some of your suggestions.

Be well,
Linny
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

I would like to PL the final edition. I always listen against the text anyway so I think I'll enjoy this.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
linny

Post by linny »

Darvinia wrote:I would like to PL the final edition. I always listen against the text anyway so I think I'll enjoy this.
It's wonderful to have you. Thank you. :clap:
There will be a lot of activitity before we get to a final section. I'll be sure to PM you in case you don't want to monitor the thread.
Linny
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

No worries. I'll monitor the thread anyway. I'm nosy like that. :wink: Plus, it will keep me up to date with any little glitches that may occur along the way that would affect the final edition.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
linny

Post by linny »

Darvinia wrote: I'm nosy like that. :wink:
:lol: Perfect. Thanks for helping out. Let me know if you would like to read as well.
jykaycee

Post by jykaycee »

Hi Linny

May I have the part of Mrs. Flitwick?

Joyce
:)