COMPLETE [POLISH] Na wzgórzu róż by Stefan Grabiński - arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi. I just wanted to give a sign of life. I keep making attempts at recording the second story, but while it's actually the shortest one, it doesn't go smoothly at all. I'm quite appaled at the way I read, so all the previous attempts ended the same way: me pushing "delete" :roll: I still haven't listened to the latest recording, and I guess it has quite a lot of issues, but at least this time I made it to the end :roll:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I left the second story for the time being. I believe it's jinxed or something. Either that or it doesn't want me to record it properly :roll: I recorded the 4th one, "Zez", instead. The only problem, as you will notice, is that I misnamed the file, and put "3" instead of "4" in the URL. Could you fix it?

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/nawzgorzuroz_3_grabinski.mp3 Duration 23:34
Last edited by Piotrek81 on December 19th, 2011, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes I can fix it.
Don't try to be too perfect :D

Anne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I'm not trying to be perfect. If I did, I would never be able to get anything recorded. I'm not crazy :mrgreen: "Listenable" will do.

As to "Szalona zagroda" (story no. 2), after my post from Dec 16, I recorded the thing once more only to find out that most of it sounded weird, as if I had recorded it sitting at the bottom of a well, or something. So I deleted the bad part and resumed recording before the beginning of the last usable sentence. I recorded the story until the end, but it turned out that, while these two segments made a complete story, the sound of my voice was different in each of these parts :roll: I still have it on my disc, but I don't know whether it's usable :roll:

I added duration to the info about the 3rd story. Should I also add this info to the MW?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

As one Polish politician memorably said: "Yes! Yes! Yes!" :)
After many failed attempts I finally recorded "Szalona zagroda".
Here it is: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/nawzgorzuroz22_grabinski.mp3
Duration: 16:37
As with one of the the previous links, there's a problem with the name. It obviously should be "2" and not "22" :mrgreen:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Fixed in my folder and the MW

Anne
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Just noticed this fellow in the introduction thread. Maybe he'd like to start by proof-listening for you? I didn't mention you there, thought I'd let you introduce yourself if you wanted to. :)
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Hi,
I will be happy to offer listening services for this project. I am native Polish speaker. Is this where I register my interest? I have listened to "Na wzgorzu roz" already, how do I post my observations? (all was good).
Thank you
Nina
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

If you find that all was OK, you can just write "PL OK" :)

Annise (the Book Coordinator) mentioned that she would be away for a few days, but once she's back she'll send you your Magic Window credentials (username and password) and then you can add the relevant data there :)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

NinaBrown wrote:Hi,
I will be happy to offer listening services for this project. I am native Polish speaker. Is this where I register my interest? I have listened to "Na wzgorzu roz" already, how do I post my observations? (all was good).
Thank you
Nina
G'day and powitanie
(I used google translate)
For the moment if you just write any PL notes in the thread that would be fine - you can use Polish if you like but if you need me to help with anything it will need to be English
so just something like
section 1 or the name of the story - PL ok - nice reading - or - repeat phrase at 3:12 " and he went.." or loud bang at 5:21 or whatever you think does not meet the PL standard as in the first post link

Anne
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

No problem. Google translation delivers :-)

I have listened to the following chapters:
Na wzgorzu roz
Szalona zagroda
Zez
Cien
I have listened using headphones, without changing volume level. All chapters recorded with similar loudness and tempo. There are few tiny clicking sounds in Zez, but not enough to distract or spoil the pleasure. Sounds like some electronic interference or static electricity.
There are no repetitions, gaps or any other errors.
All chapters begin with the title, chapter number and intro, and end with 'end of chapter'.

cheers
Nina
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

So... after several misfired attempts, at least one of which involved deleting an already completed file, here is it at last....

Section 3 - Po stycznej http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/nawzgorzuroz_3_grabinski.mp3
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Ladies and gentlemen, the time has finally come... Section 6, the last in the project, is now available :clap: Just in time for the target completion date :) Phew!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/nawzgorzuroz_6_grabinski.mp3
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I can see that the last section has been OKed :) Woohoo :clap: