COMPLETE [POLISH] Na wzgórzu róż by Stefan Grabiński - arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Na wzgórzu róż by Stefan Grabiński (1887 - 1936) .

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/na-wzgorzu-roz-by-stefan-grabinski/
Drugi zbiór opowiadań przedwojennego pisarza specjalizującego się w opowieściach niesamowitych.
Tym razem czytelnik otrzymuje 6 historii, które udzielą zaskakujących odpowiedzi na takie pytania jak: co to za dziwny zapach unosi się w miejscu pełnym róż? czy miejsce może przesiąknąć szaleństwem? co oznacza niezwykła scena widziana w oknie pewnego domu? a także kilka innych. (Summary by Piotr Nater)
  • Target completion date: 2012-Feb-01
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/Na_wzg%C3%B3rzu_r%C3%B3%C5%BC_%28zbi%C3%B3r%29
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
    [*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Grabi%C5%84ski
    [*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): -
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 6
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: no
    [*]Original publication date (if known): 1918
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
    Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================[/size]

Genres for the project:
horror-ghost-stories

Keywords that describe the book:
short story, parapsychology, Polish

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
  • "Rozdział [Nr][Tytuł], z książki Na wzgórzu róż . - Nagranie LibriVox. Wszystkie nagrania Librivox należą do domeny publicznej. Więcej informacji o nagraniach lub wolontariacie - na stronie: librivox KROPKA org"

• If you wish, say:
    "Czyta [Twoje imię]"
  • Say:
    "Stefan Grabiński Na wzgórzu róż, .[Rozdział][nr][Tytuł rozdziału]"
For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • [number] of Na wzgórzu róż by Stefan Grabiński . This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name]"
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
End of recording
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Na wzgórzu róż , by Stefan Grabiński . "
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

[*]Example filename
nawzgorzuroz_##_grabinski.mp3

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Title: # - [Section title]
Artist: Stefan Grabiński
Album: Na wzgórzu róż

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
    http://upload.librivox.org
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: arb - annise
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
[/list]
Last edited by Piotrek81 on January 2nd, 2012, 3:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The time has come for...

.... my first solo 8-)

It's a collection of short stories, so I guess it's a good stepping stone between an individual short story and a full novel. And these are really interesting and original short stories, to boot :)

Btw. Should the title include Polish characters? I'm not sure.

Word count of individual stories:
"Na wzgórzu róż"- 3060
"Szalona zagroda" - 2300
"Po stycznej"- 3350
"Zez" - 3230
"Cień" - 5130
"W willi nad morzem" - 5450

I still can't figure out how these word counts will translate into running time, so perhaps one or two additional sections will be needed.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Hi,
I'm curious how fast people read so I did this math, hope it helps.
A word count on your submitted short story -
"Z LEGEND DAWNEGO EGIPTU" is 1799 words.
Your file is 11.16 minutes so you read that at 161 words per minute.
Doing the math on these numbers brings your duration times to approximately:

"Na wzgórzu róż"- 3060 words - 19 minutes
"Szalona zagroda" - 2300 words - 14 minutes
"Po stycznej"- 3350 words - 21 minutes
"Zez" - 3230 words - 20 minutes
"Cień" - 5130 words - 32 minutes
"W willi nad morzem" - 5450 words - 34 minutes

161 wpm is a good rate, I read a bit slow at 144 wpm.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Thanks for those calculations :)
161 wpm is a good rate, I read a bit slow at 144 wpm.
I'm trying to slow down a bit. Reading the way I do now makes me stumble quite often. I believe that if I slow down I'll have more time to "digest" the words, which will not only make my recordings easier to listen to, but will also allow me to save some time I now have to use on editing out slips and such.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll MC this for you - yes you will need to put accents everywhere - that way I have something to copy and paste for the catalogue and from those word counts the stories will be much less than an hour - 20-30 mins probably

Back soon with window

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All set up
I take it that is the title of the first story ? In English books of short stories often have titles like "Dracula's Ghost and other short stories - if this is the case here your intro etc wouldn't mention chapter - just the name of that story - (I struggle having much idea about Polish I fear but I don't think any of the other admins do much better )

I set up a sample for the titles - please leave the number in I want a format that I can use in the catalogue - variious steps of the cataloguing strip accents so I will copy and paste the field
I think you have MW access? Ask any questions

Anne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

"Na wzgórzu róż" is both the title of the first story and the title of the collection.
Yes, I have access to the MW.
I added the titles and the reader. Which other sections do I edit (now or as the project progresses) and which are edited by the MC?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You add the url , time and PL wanted (in the notes field) - we can only try for a PLer, and mark it complete . You are the BC - I only set up , offer advice and catalogue when it is all done :D

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sorry I missed something - no accents in file names - they break things

Anne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

OK, so I can't use Polish characters in URLs. How about the section names in the MW? No Polish letters either?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

No
Everything else is just text and will work . File names are tricky with accents - and many ordinary punctuation marks and as they are used by a variety of software it is better to leave them out - all French and Geman ones do not use them
Sometimes the links actually break othertimes you get somethink that looks like this
http://librivox.org/%D7%90%D7%94%D7%91%D7%AA-%D7%A6%D7%99%D7%95%D7%9F-love-of-zion-by-%D7%90%D7%91%D7%A8%D7%94%D7%9D-%D7%9E%D7%90%D7%A4%D7%95-abraham-mapu/ which does work :D

Anne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

OK, I got rid of the Polish diacritics in the file names in the MW. I hope it's OK now.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hey
I think we are at cross purposes here - I want the titles in the MW to be proper Polish. I intend that the catalogue page will be proper Polish

The filenames are what you call your mp3 file - that is the only part that will not have diactrics
so they will be nawzgorzuroz_1_grabinski.mp3 etc

So please - leave all the summary and everything you can see in the MW titles as proper Polish -
Anne

Everything is just beatiful now - just needs some recordings :clap:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I just wanted to let you know that I've begun working on this project. I've just recorded the 1st short story. Now I "only" have to edit the recording.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

OK, here comes the 1st story- "Na wzgórzu róż" http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/nawzgorzuroz_1_grabinski.mp3 21:34

I'm still quite new to editing and I've been told that it's actually easier to fix a file that is too silent than to soften a too loud one. That's why I'm rather timid when it comes to amplifying stuff and this file may be too quiet at times. Besides, there's this weird effect that I don't know how to fix. I don't know how to describe it but it sounds a bit like a buzz immediately after my words. I know that you're not a PLer but could you please take a look at this one when you have a minute?

Btw. should I put a tick in the "completed" box in the MW next to section 1 or is this only done after PLing?