LibriVox Podcast #117

Non-reading activities need your help too!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Just listened to it. Very good!

I have thought about hosting part or all of a podcast before, but I honestly have problems speaking NATURALLY like the rest of you do in the podcasts. I sound like I'm reading (which I usually am, since I can't just ad lib what I'm going to say). Argh! That, and trying to come up with a theme is difficult, IMO.

But this was a great podcast that really showed the value of the podcasts. Great idea!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Thanks so much, Tricia!

And I think you should not worry that you sound like you are reading, unless it bothers YOU too much. I read all of my copy in podcast #117 and most of the time I definitely sounded like I was reading. I think I'll get more natural sounding as I do more of these. And you will, too, I'm sure. So if you are really interested in hosting, you should go for it. Until then, you can warm up for it by contributing more segments. Your introduction and transition for the bloopers were great. By the way, after thinking about it, I decided that in podcast #118 I would use your intro and the first segment of the blooper reel earlier in the show and come back with your final segment about interruption bloopers, which you introduce, and play that until the end. That way we can use the reference to November just as it is. Then I'll use segments made from the middle of the reel in the next two or three podcasts.

If you are interested, I could send you ideas for podcast segments that you might like to do. And if you can't or don't think the idea would be a good fit for you, that's perfectly OK. But who knows? I could suggest something you would really like to do and I would love you to be able to contribute somewhat regularly to the shows. And feel free to send me any idea you have for a segment, too. Right now I have about 5 or 6 ideas for shows and I keep getting others all the time. And I think it would be great to have a show at least once a month, if not fortnightly, and occasionally, weekly. But one every week would probably not happen, unless we had lots of hosts eager to do shows.

Now, also, the shows don't HAVE to have a theme. They could be random collections of eclectic material, regular features (stats, bloopers, promos, new releases, tech tips, performance tips, etc.) enhanced with a few reflections from the host.

I do have you in mind for contributing to some specifically themed shows I'm planning. May I send you some of the suggestions by PM?

Bob
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Sure, why not? At worst, I can say "no." :P
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

OK, I'll get my ideas organized and send them to you soon. :D

Bob
jimmowatt

Post by jimmowatt »

Thanks a lot Bob.
I've just listened to 117 and found it all very jolly indeed.
Many congratulations.
I await future podcasts with breathless anticip................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ation.
Kind regards
Jim
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=75]Jim Mowatt[/url] - [url=http://historyzine.com]Historyzine - The History Podcast[/url]
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Good to see you are still alive and as crazy as ever Jim! :9:

Bob, I have an idea. :idea: Will get back to you.

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

jimmowatt wrote:Thanks a lot Bob.
I've just listened to 117 and found it all very jolly indeed.
Many congratulations.
I await future podcasts with breathless anticip.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ation.
Kind regards
Jim
Jim, I'm so glad you liked it. It was an honor and a privilege to follow in your footsteps (or waveforms). Thanks so much for making so generous a contribution. I know everyone was thrilled to hear your voice again and would gladly hear again sometime in the future. I hope not to disappoint all the expectations you hold within your breathlessness.

Best always,
Bob

Starlite wrote:
Bob, I have an idea. :idea: Will get back to you.

Esther :)
Esther, I'm excited to hear your idea!

Bob
carolb

Post by carolb »

I listened during my Friday house-cleaning session!

Excellent! Thank you Bob for hosting, and everyone who contributed.

Carol :)
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Thank you, Carol! Looking forward to using your contribution on #118.

Bob