'Thank you' messages for Librivox in general

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

There was this wonderful message posted as reply to the "Adventurous July" staff picks. The first part of the message is about the missing podcast, but then we have:
Other than that: You guys are so cool! Thank you, thank you, thank you all! That CC0-license, “No rights reserved”. It’s so generous of you to donate you time and talents like this. There’s hope for humanity still.

Hey you, volunteer! Yeah, YOU! Reader, proof listener, coordinator, webmasters and so on. Thank you! Please know that your gift is much appreciated. Your catalog is GOLD!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Dear BookReaders - Thank you for taking time, so we can listen to audio books. I only started about a year ago and have listened to over 18 books. You share my ride to and from work, making it a much more enjoyable trip.

Thank you so much. I hope someone does something as enjoyable for you.

Susan
:clap:

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Dick and Arlene wrote:Just an immense "THANK YOU" for Librivox.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Annie P. wrote:A very huge “thank you”!! It is a fantastic initiative and very useful indeed…I’m sure that my English will improve!
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Praise for all LibriVox readers via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
... to ALL Librivox readers. You're wonderful people. I've just discovered this fantastic site and had to say thanks for all your hard work. I've tried recording audiobooks myself and found it much more difficult than I first anticipated.

Best wishes and much respect,
Paul R.
Ruth
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Praise for all LibriVox readers via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Librivox readers,
Thank you all of you for your hard work. I will be forever in debt for you. You have made my journeys in trains, buses or even walking by myself, way more exciting. I really appreciate you spending your time doing this for others - and sometimes people don't recognize this! All in all, I just wanted to say a huge 'thank you' for doing this, so that people like me can enjoy enthralling stories without having to drag ginormous books with us everywhere.
Regards, Claudia

Ruth
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Thanks to all volunteers and geniuses - I guess that means all of us! :lol:
To the volunteers and geniuses behind librivox:

I recently heard of your endeavor to bring public domain books into audio format from our local librarian. As an English teacher, I am so excited to have this new resource to bring classic literature to my students who struggle with reading yet still need the exposure to good classics. Thank you for making this possible! I hope to volunteer this summer after the school year ends. Thanks for helping my students and knowledge-hungry people everywhere.

--
Alesha S
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Posted on the blog in response to my apology for the latest problems:
Anonymous Says:
Thank you so much for such a wonderful site.

Tony Says:
I too greatly appreciate your work in providing access to these great works of literature. Thank you!

Sally Says:
These few hiccups are a small price to pay for the wonderful resources which you provide
Ruth
dii

Post by dii »

Without Librivox podcasts, I wouldn't be able to handle my commute. Even more, your readers helped me train for a marathon and a half-marathon. I listen when I can't sleep. I listen when I'm cooking.

I plan to volunteer soon.

Special thanks to gloriana and chocoholic.

Warmest regards,
Emily W
Diana
dii

Post by dii »

I'd like to thank all the readers for the fantastic job they are doing. I think Librivox is a great tool for people who, like me, are studying English. Today, for example, I needed to read a very long text and, thanks to the audio file, I could save a lot of time reading and I understood the text much better.
Nowadays one has to pay for everything, and I am very glad this is still free for everybody.
I just wanted to thank everyone involved in this project for their great job.
Thank you very much,

Alba
(Santiago de Compostela, Spain)
Diana
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I would like to thank everyone of your readers for their work in making available so many important items of great merit that I would not under normal circumstances ever have been exposed to.
I love your work. Thank you all!

Ron H
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Thanks also to the librivox team - you people are doing a great job!

Best regards,
Manjusha
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

I have only recently discovered free audio books, but even now , I want to say ‘thanks’ to all of the readers, I did think that ‘amateur’ readers might not be something I could cope with after the professional books I’ve had, but it has not proven to be the case, I have really enjoyed these books, and am currently 20 chapters in to Bleak House. Even when the readers swap between chapters as happened in one of the books, it didn’t take long to adapt to the change of style.

Thank you all for your efforts.

John O’B
http://librivox.org/bleak-house-by-charles-dickens/
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

I just wanted to drop a note of thanks to you for such a wonderful website and gift to the world. As a liberal arts graduate on a limited budget, your site provides me with amusement and self improvement. Thanks!

C. Heath B
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
Scottkz88

Post by Scottkz88 »

Hello,

Hopefully this is the right place for this post! If not, feel free to move it where you will.

My name is Scott, and I volunteer at KZ88, a small community radio station in Cabool, Missouri. I want to thank all of the people who make these books possible.

We run a feature called "Books Out Loud" that airs weekdays at 6 pm Central (Chicago) time. Many of your books have been aired over the past two years, edited into 29 minute segments.

Let's see, since I took over the segment programming last May, we've aired The Isle of Yew, the Parenticide Club, Castle Otranto, Pirates of Panama, Whose Body, 1001 (Arabian) Nights Vol 1, The Book of Werewolves, selections from Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds, A Study in Scarlet, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Alice in Blunderland and Storm Over Warlock.

This week, we're finishing up Grimms Fairy Tales and will start Beowulf next week.

Like most books, there's space at the end of Beowulf's last episode. No problem! That last episode will be filled out by one of Henry Sweet's Anglo-Saxon language lessons... happily, our Programming Czar lets me indulge my sense of humor.

If you're outside of our area but want to listen in, feel free to grab the stream at kz88.org

--Scott