Listing of Librivox audiobooks on Project Gutenberg

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
JHutch

Post by JHutch »

To try to keep everyone up to date on what has been done so far, I'll be keeping a running list of posted audiobooks. (My count is 535 posted so far.)
JHutch

Updated May 23, 2009
Last edited by JHutch on May 23rd, 2009, 3:06 pm, edited 69 times in total.
kayray

Post by kayray »

Very cool :) Would it be possible to list the chapter number next to each download link?
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
JHutch

Post by JHutch »

kayray wrote:Very cool :) Would it be possible to list the chapter number next to each download link?
Not, currently. But I am trying to start a discussion on what we can do to make it more accessible to folks. Those pages were designed with regular ebooks in mind, which typically have one file per format. Audiobooks, having many files per format makes for busy and confusing display. I'll let you all know if we get any improvements in place.

JHutch
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

wonderful!
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

The link to Christmas Carol has an extra 4 in it (wouldn't you know that the one link I try is the one that's broken :))
Karen S.
JHutch

Post by JHutch »

gypsygirl wrote:The link to Christmas Carol has an extra 4 in it (wouldn't you know that the one link I try is the one that's broken :))
Thanks. Fixed.
JHutch

Post by JHutch »

Another 13 added to the list today. Should show up on the archive soon.

Josh
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

*huggles* You soooo rock! =)
JHutch wrote:Another 13 added to the list today. Should show up on the archive soon.

Josh
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
jimmowatt

Post by jimmowatt »

JHutch wrote:
kayray wrote:Very cool :) Would it be possible to list the chapter number next to each download link?
Not, currently. But I am trying to start a discussion on what we can do to make it more accessible to folks. Those pages were designed with regular ebooks in mind, which typically have one file per format. Audiobooks, having many files per format makes for busy and confusing display. I'll let you all know if we get any improvements in place.

JHutch
It does look a little confusing doesn't it.
I suppose either another link to an audio specific page although were I looking for the audio file I would prefer a page with just 3 zip files each that contain the whole book but one in mp3, one ogg vorbis and one speex.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=75]Jim Mowatt[/url] - [url=http://historyzine.com]Historyzine - The History Podcast[/url]
JHutch

Post by JHutch »

Once the new files are up, take a look. I added an index html file which should float to the top of the list. In that file is a much less confusing set of links to all the subfiles. See if that works better for people.

Josh

PS If it looks like people like it better, I'll go back and add an index to all the previously posted audio files, too.
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Thank you so much for doing this. It is VERY helpful.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
JHutch

Post by JHutch »

Added the Aesop's Fables in 12 volumes. It doesn't look like much, since it is technically all one work ... but MAN did those indices take forever to get worked up! ;)

Anyway, 12 more entries into the Gutenberg catalog out of the way.

Josh
kri

Post by kri »

JHutch wrote:Added the Aesop's Fables in 12 volumes. It doesn't look like much, since it is technically all one work ... but MAN did those indices take forever to get worked up! ;)

Anyway, 12 more entries into the Gutenberg catalog out of the way.

Josh
Wow, that must have taken a whole lot of time. Here they were done gradually, I do not envy you doing them all at once.
JHutch

Post by JHutch »

Added 10 more audio books, which *should* mean I have all the (current) A's and B's posted up.

On to the letter C!!

;)

JHutch
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

oooh... the C's are the BEST ! can't wait...