[COMPLETE] History of England Vol4,Chap 19 by Macaulay-arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The History of England, from the Accession of James II,Vol 4, Ch 19, by Macaulay, Baron Thomas Babington, 1800-1859.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page/: http://librivox.org/the-history-of-england-from-the-accession-of-james-iivol-4-ch-19-by-thomas-babington-macaulay/

[/size]
This is volume 4 chapter 19 of a series of books written by the Baron Macaulay (1800-1859) in the 19th century. It starts with a brief resume of the history of England up until the Stuart kings and then starts to delve into a little more detail. Macaulay is primarily fascinated by ending of any claim to divine right of kings and the growing role of Parliament in the governing of the country. He sees the accession of William and Mary (Dutch, Protestant royalty) to the British throne as a key moment in the history of the British Isles. This is a book delightful for the literary gifts of the author and intriguing for his view of 19th century English and world politics.
(Jim Mowatt)

Macauley on Wikipedia
"History of England . . ." on Wikipedia
  1. How to claim a part:
    To find a section to record, look at the sections in the box below. All those without names beside them are available. Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you’d like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6 to 8 below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    Target completion date of this project: Date Dec. 24, 2011 but try to send your recordings as soon as you can. I will note the date you volunteer for a chapter, and if you haven't recorded or posted about the progress of your chapter(s) for a month at any time, I may put them back to the pool. This doesn't mean you have to record within a month of making a claim, just be sure to keep in touch to let me know how things are going. As reading progresses, after due warning, we may reassign your sections if your claim languishes! If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it’ll go back to the pool. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen.
  4. Where do I find the text? http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2613
    There are no marked sections in the text , so please use the start and end in the MW
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: STANDARD

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  6. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:

Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording!
  8. DURING recording:
    Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording!

Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:

PLEASE DON'T READ THE DETAILED CHAPTER HEADING OR THE NUMBERS IN [ ] BRACKETS.

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Section [number] of Chapter 19 of a History. of England - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      "History of England, by Thomas Babbington Macaulay, Chapter 19 [Section]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      End of [Section]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Chapter 19 of the History of England, by Thomas Babington Macaulay."
    Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  9. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Save files as
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    histengljames19_##_macaulay.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number.
    (e.g. histengljames19_01_macaulay.mp3) Slightly atypical file name , but it needs to be the same as the earlier chapters

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: ## - [Section title]
    e.g. 01 - Part 01
    Artist: Thomas Babbington Macaulay
    Album: The History of England, from the Accession of James II, Vol 4, Ch 19

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: arb - annise
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
mcgovern1934

Post by mcgovern1934 »

I would like to claim section 1 of chapter 19 of Macaulay's history
Bill McGovern mcgovern1934
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All yours :D

Anne
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i can be your dpl if youre still looking for one :)

CK
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That would be great - thank you

Anne
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

May I do sections 2-4?
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All yours :D

Anne
uncommon

Post by uncommon »

Anne,

I'd like to volunteer for 2 sections. 5 and 6 are apparently available, I'll offer to do those unless you want me to do something else.

Or just one, if you're filling up already. I wonder if Baron Macaulay knew he would be popular 300 years down the line?

At your service Ma'am :)

brendan
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

5 and 6 are all yours :D

Anne
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

annise wrote:All yours :D

Anne
Thank ye very much :)
Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
ForEmma

Post by ForEmma »

Soli Deo Gloria,
Jenn

My LV recordings
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

there is one small repeat at 13:35 and the-and the

otherwise it is great :D

CK
mcgovern1934

Post by mcgovern1934 »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/histengljames19_1_macaulay.mp3 (21:06 minutes
Here is section 1 of Chapter 19, When I listened to it with headphones I did hear a hum, particularly when the volume was turned up. When I clicked on the link under "Noise cleaning" I was told there was no such URL. Where can I find it?
Also I made errors in 4 places. 1/ at about 8:45 "and of these men there was scarcely one. ., " 2/ at about 10:40 "They were beset by a crowd. . . " 3/ 16:00 "In truth to brace anew the nerves. . . " 4/ about 20:60 ""He has got such a hold. . .
I plan to reread these 4 sentences/clauses and send them to you as "Corrections"
Bill McGovern mcgovern1934
mcgovern1934

Post by mcgovern1934 »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/corrections 19_01.mp3 Here are the corrections I mentioned in my earlier post.
mcgovern1934
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll have listen later -I'm not quite sure what you mean about the missing URL - but if there is a hum noise cleaning isn't the way to clean it - I'll chek that too but later -real life intervenes

Anne