COMPLETE: Beyond the Horizon by Eugene O'Neill - ek

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Thanks, Algy!
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

This play was on my want-to-do list, so can I claim the role of Andrew? O'Neill is one of my great favorites. I have the complete three-volume edition of his plays published by the Library of America. :D
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Nullifidian wrote:This play was on my want-to-do list, so can I claim the role of Andrew? O'Neill is one of my great favorites. I have the complete three-volume edition of his plays published by the Library of America. :D
Hi Nullifidian, I had a PM from another reader who is possibly interested in Andrew... can I get back to you on this? :)
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

Sure, no problem.

I'm male, so I could take on Ben too, or the narrator. I wouldn't mind taking anything that's going. :)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Nullifidian wrote:Sure, no problem.

I'm male, so I could take on Ben too, or the narrator. I wouldn't mind taking anything that's going. :)
If you'd like to read Ben, that would be great. Should I put you down for him?
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

Sure, go ahead. :)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Cool, thanks!
jwg

Post by jwg »

Elizabeth- The thread shows the Narrator as availalbe. Is that still the case? If so could I be considered for the reading? I've done a couple of the poetry selections, a short story and one play with a small part. Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks JOHN
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

jwg wrote:Elizabeth- The thread shows the Narrator as availalbe. Is that still the case? If so could I be considered for the reading? I've done a couple of the poetry selections, a short story and one play with a small part. Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks JOHN
Sure, John - that would be great! Let me know if you have any questions, okay? :)
jwg

Post by jwg »

Sure, John - that would be great! Let me know if you have any questions, okay?
OK you asked for questions. I guess the most basic is how much do I read? I figure I do Title and list of characters, Act and Scene List, and the scene descriptions but what about things like stage direction "He crosses the ditch and sits on the fence hear his brother." or actor directions "Finally Andrrew goes on awkwardly, attempting to speak casually." I'm happy to do it --just don't know what you would like done. Would it help for me to do a scene and see how it goes? Thanks for letting me have the part. JOHN
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Hi John -

Good question, thanks! If you wouldn't mind reading everything except stage directions like the following (on p. 17 of the text):

Robert (laughing)

Andrew (moodily)

These are things the readers can convey, so even if you recorded them I'd cut them out in editing. You can also leave out pauses - again, I can edit those in to the final product. But everything else should go in. O'Neill is rather heavy on the stage directions, so there will be lots for you to read! Don't forget to give yourself a voice credit in the list of characters (Narrator read by John etc).

If you have any other questions, let me know! :)
jwg

Post by jwg »

OK--Got it. This is going to be fun. I am having a problem trying to print the text though. I can't do it. I've tried and the manuscript looking thing will simply not print. I've tried the other site but it only shows me Act 3. Any suggestions? Thanks JOHN
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Hi John -

Do you need to print out the text? I usually just read off the computer when I record. Or you can get a hard copy from the library - sometimes I like to read from hard copies instead of off a screen...
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

jwg wrote:OK--Got it. This is going to be fun. I am having a problem trying to print the text though. I can't do it. I've tried and the manuscript looking thing will simply not print. I've tried the other site but it only shows me Act 3. Any suggestions? Thanks JOHN
Hi John

If you really need a printable version I can prepare one and email it to you. If you are interested please email me at algy_pug@zoho.com.

Cheers

Algy Pug
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by David Goldfarb »

How about if I take the role of Andrew?