Librivox Community Podcasts - 2011

Non-reading activities need your help too!
ductapeguy

Post by ductapeguy »

Yay Cori. I've been missing the LV podcasts. Probably won't be hosting one in the near future but you never know...
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I have yet to complete the task of releasing the completed Ottawa Folk Festival Collection of Robert Service poems on Librivox.org, but I intend to during my Christmas holidays.
In case anyone missed it, the recording referenced in the podcast is in the catalog: http://librivox.org/ottawa-folk-festival-robert-service-collection/

:thumbs:

In the podcast, Sean, it was mentioned about sending an email to the readers when the project was cataloged. Did you do that?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ductapeguy

Post by ductapeguy »

TriciaG wrote:In the podcast, Sean, it was mentioned about sending an email to the readers when the project was cataloged. Did you do that?
I have not emailed the readers on the Service project because Bob said he was going to. I did send a message to Bob and to the Ottawa Folk Festival that it was done.
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Sure, Cori,
I hope to be able to take part in or to record a Podcast (or two or...) during 2011, I have one or two ideas at the moment, but they have to be worked on, so I can't say when it will be possible to have them done yet. But I hope you will get a lot of response this year.

Lars :)
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello everyone,
I've enjoyed listening to the podcasts too, they've been fab! Is there a weekly podcast of some sort? I'm looking for narrators and editors for a book I'm co-ordinating.

Al the best,
Sandra.
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Our 6th Anniversary is coming up in August.

Anyone planning an Anniversary Podcast? If so, I volunteer to do a 'bloopers real'.

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Hehe... I will co-ordinate with pleasure. As long as nobody minds another LibriVox song. :lol:

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

RuthieG wrote: As long as nobody minds another LibriVox song. :lol:

Ruth
Gofer it Ruthie ;)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Starlite wrote:Our 6th Anniversary is coming up in August.

Anyone planning an Anniversary Podcast? If so, I volunteer to do a 'bloopers real'.
Ooo! Any chance of getting our 5th anniversary play in the catalog by then? :lol: Image
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Which one's that? Five O'clock Tea got done eventually :?

Six Characters in Search of an Author doesn't stand a chance...
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Well, I don't want to embarrass Esther in public - it was more a private joke. It's One Day More - a one-act play she, David Lawrence and I recorded at her home last summer. It wasn't really a 5th anniversary play, but more a 5th anniversary get-together. Poor Esther has since moved, had tax season and census work - and hasn't gotten the thing edited.
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello everyone,
I really like the podcasts and I think all the librivoxers who contribute are doing a fantastic job. I'd like to host/take part in a podcast which takes a look at reading, EDITING, proof listening, co-ordinating etc, from the disabled people's perspective. I have no idea how this would work. I have ideas about the sorts of things I'd like said and discussed but, in terms of interacting with people, how is that achieved in the world of podcasting?
All the best, Sandra
Cori

Post by Cori »

[I'll MC the anniversary podcast into the archive, if needed (there are instructions available for any admin to do it, but I'm completely happy to pick it up, too.)]

Sandra, that would be a fascinating show! I've heard two different ways of approaching podcast production. It's possible to record a Skype call between two people, and that can be turned into a podcast as it is or with bits added. I've never tried this. Or, what I've always done when hosting is to write down what's to be said and record it like any other LV recording, then edit in other people's contributions to make it actually sound good. In the past there have been some great interviews, and those were achieved by people emailing questions back and forth, then recording their side of the conversation in one go. That allows the questions to be a little bit organic and flow on from each other, but the two people don't have to be in the same timezone or able to record at the same time.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Cori and I did a phone interview. I put her on speaker phone and recorded with my Zoom H2. The only limitation were Cori's phone mic and my phone speaker. It didn't sound half bad though.

Sandra, what I have done in the past is just create my own segment and submit it to whomever is coordinating the podcast. It can be long (A feature Presentation) or a short clip.

Esther :)
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

I have done a short piece for LV:s six-years' celebration and uploaded it into Cori's folder.
I hope there will be many more, making it a real treat.

Chers,
Lars :)
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there