[COMPLETE]The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes, Vol. 1 - arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

Section 22 Editing Notes

Nicely read, Andrzej! Good tech specs.

There are a few items to correct.

00:13 Missing sentence in the Intro
For more information, or to volunteer, please visit LibriVox dot ORG.

10:51 & 10:57 Repeated sentence, please delete one of them:
"Mean what?" she asked, with the blankness of one who has lost the thread of her own thoughts.

14:47 Incorrect word "of" ("... of High Barn...") destroys the context of the two inherited properties. Please reread:
[pause] and High Barn, with which went three hundred acres of poor land,

17:41 Incorrect word "accept" instead of "expect" makes the sentence difficult to understand:
I should expect Willie to be quite favourable.
Mike
tojaboss22

Post by tojaboss22 »

Hi Mike,

thank you for you corrections, I am going to work on them tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to record section 23, too.

Kind regards

Andrzej
tojaboss22

Post by tojaboss22 »

Hello, Nullifidian,

I wonder if in The Tilling Shaw Mystery, part 2 the sentence:

"And, taken as a boiling, the Whitmarshes deserve it."

is OK? ("taken as a boiling")

Regards

Andrzej

P.S.

Should I download the new version mp3 under the same name as the old one? I read that the old file name is changed, but it should be deleted. Should I write to the admins?
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

tojaboss22 wrote:Should I download the new version mp3 under the same name as the old one? I read that the old file name is changed, but it should be deleted. Should I write to the admins?
There's no need to write to the MC. When you upload a new version please keep the same name. The upload tool will rename the previous version, which will be saved for a while. Don't worry about deleting any old versions. After the book is published to the catalog, an administrator will clean up the storage.
Mike
Tony Maxey

Post by Tony Maxey »

Mike

Thank you for your corrections re Part I of Dixon Torpedo. I've been busy with some other projects so apologize for the delay responding. Will get that recording fixed and also get Part II soon as well.

Cheers

Tony Maxey
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

tojaboss22 wrote:Hello, Nullifidian,

I wonder if in The Tilling Shaw Mystery, part 2 the sentence:

"And, taken as a boiling, the Whitmarshes deserve it."

is OK? ("taken as a boiling")
I honestly don't know what that phrase means, but it was reprinted in just this way in the 1976 anthology of Max Carrados stories according to Google Books, as well as passing muster with the folks at Distributed Proofreaders, so I would say go ahead and read it as written.
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

I'd also like to note that I am orphaning MaiL16107's parts on the principle that nothing has been heard from him or her in the last 2.5 months. I've spoken to David Richardson and Demimonde, and they're both intending to finish up their roles.
tojaboss22

Post by tojaboss22 »

Hi Everybody,

the corrected version of Tilling Shaw Mystery part 1
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/rivalssherlockholmes_22_various.mp3.

Length: 30:13,
Size: 27.6 MB

Kind regards

Andrzej

P.S. Hope to finish the second part soon.
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

Section 22 is PL OK!
Mike
tojaboss22

Post by tojaboss22 »

Hi,

I have recorded section 23: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/rivalssherlockholmes_23_various.mp3.

Length: 30:43
Size: 28.1 MB

Kind regards

Andrzej
wtomcho

Post by wtomcho »

I am trying to claim a section (09) but am stymied. When I try to send a message to the BC I get a request for my user name and password. I've put in the names, the same that I have with libri vox and it refuses them. Help.
Thanks.
wtomcho

Post by wtomcho »

I'd like to claim "09 The Case of "The Mirror of Portugal", Part 1" This would be my first recording and I would like my catalogue name to be William Tomcho. Thanks a lot.
Gustafbr

Post by Gustafbr »

I'll take Sections 9 and 10!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

wtomcho wrote:I am trying to claim a section (09) but am stymied. When I try to send a message to the BC I get a request for my user name and password. I've put in the names, the same that I have with libri vox and it refuses them. Help.
Thanks.
I'm not sure what you were trying to do ? All claims etc need to be done in the thread and you shouldn't need a password for that
I'd like to claim "09 The Case of "The Mirror of Portugal", Part 1" This would be my first recording and I would like my catalogue name to be William Tomcho. Thanks a lot.
As there are 2 of you claimimg , I'll add you to the MW for section 9.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Gustafbr wrote:I'll take Sections 9 and 10!
Hi
As 9 was claimed before you posted , I have put you down for 10. Any questions just post here :D

Anne