Hola from Spain!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Melasa

Post by Melasa »

Hello!

My name's Ana Melasa and I’m a researcher and languages teacher at the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV) in Spain. I deal with the use of Information and Communications Technologies for languages teaching and learning.

I'd like to have contact with native speakers of English and of other languages willing to become voice actors and actresess and become part of a project involving the use of ICT in language learning at Universidad Politécnica de Valencia.

These recordings are going to become part of an English B2-level open-access online course which we are currently developing at UPV. Their name will appear in the credits of this course if they so wish and they will be able to access or even use all the recordings in case they are currently teaching languages or planning to go into teaching in the future.

Best regards,

Ana Melasa
tux753

Post by tux753 »

Melasa wrote:Hello!

My name's Ana Melasa and I’m a researcher and languages teacher at the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV) in Spain.

Ana Melasa
En nombre de los voluntarios de lengua española, te doy la más cordial bienvenida a Librivox. Será una gran suerte poder contar contigo en alguno de los proyectos abiertos, porque estamos todavía pocos y necesitamos ayuda.

If recording is the thing you're interested in starting with, here are some links that should help you get ready. The files we make do have to be in a certain format: mp3, mono, 44,100Hz, 16-bit, 128kbps and usually louder than most people think! Here's the Newbie Guide to Recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording o en español: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Gu%C3%ADa_Para_Nuevos_Lectores.

And we respectfully urge a 1 Minute Test, to help you get things all set up! Here's a link that explains how to do that: 1-Minute Test Recording: 1-Minute Test. You would upload your test and then post the link to the test as a new thread in the Listeners Wanted Forum. Instructions are in the link, including where to upload the link, the username and the password to use, etc.

This test is just to make sure that it fits our format technically and that your levels are okay. People here are very helpful and friendly, so don't be afraid to ask any questions you have along the way. You can just ask away in this same thread if you have any trouble.

Muchas gracias y ¡buenas grabaciones!
Melasa

Post by Melasa »

gracias a ti por la interesentísima información, en cuanto tenga más tiempo miraré los proyectos detenidamente :-)