COMPLETE [ROMANCE]The First Violin by Jessie Fothergill - ni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Of course Laura! I've just reuploaded it, forgetting that it's in wav. Is that alright? Here it is:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/firstviolin_02_fothergill.wav

All the best,
Sandra.
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

The link still won't work, Sandra. I wonder if it's timing out before it gets completely uploaded? Maybe try it as an mp3 and let's see if that works, although it shouldn't make any difference whether it's wav or mp3 format.
Laura
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

This one worked perfectly. I hope I'll have a chane to get chapter 2 done for you today but it may be this weekend before I'll have a chance.
Laura
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

The weekend's absolutely fine Laura. I'm glad this link worked, third time lucky?

All the best,
Sandra.
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Sandra, I've edited chapter 2. At about 4:21 starting with the line, "If so they limited..." up until this line, "and attributing to him various evil qualities of a hard and loveless old age" ending at the 5:30 time stamp, there is something in the background that sounds almost like a drum beat that's a little distracting. Since it's behind your reading I can't edit it out. Have a listen and see what you think. I'll wait to note in the MW that it's ready for PL'ing until I hear back whether you think the background noise will be acceptable as is.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/firstviolin_02_fothergill.mp3
duration 20:28
Laura
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

You're quite right Laura. The noise is actually next door's little boy playing football. I'll re-record it. With a bit of luck I'll have it ready for you by the end of next week. I haven't got my microphone with me as I'm on holiday.

I'm listening to the rest now and it sounds pretty god. It's nice because I'm editing a couple of the later chapters and I'm finding it quite a long, time consuming, difficult and thankless process. Thank you very very very very much for taking the time to do this for me.

All the best,
Sandra.
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

You're very welcome, Sandra. It's a pleasure. I only wish I had more time to help out consistently instead of just popping in here and there as I can.
Laura
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello,
here's an update:
chapters 16, 18, 24, 26, 32 and 41 are now in the magic window. I have treated some other chapters but I need to re-record bits and pieces for chapters 02, 17, 19, 20, 23, 25 and 31. I'll make a start on those next week at the earliest. Then I will have caught up with myself and I can record the remaining thirteen chapters.

All the best,
Sandra.
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Laura,
Here's the long awaited section of chapter two:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/firstviolin02lines.mp3

I've been recording part of an Italian book recently, for a change of scene, but I have got another seven chapters to upload over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again for doing this for me,
all the best,
Sandra.
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Chapter 2 is patched and now ready for PL'ing, Sandra.
Laura
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Since you haven't heard from your DPL in awhile, may I assist with PLing?
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Laura,
Wow! I was going to write to you over the weekend in case the automatic email notifyer didn't work but there's certainly no need now. What speed! Thank you very much!

Hello thistlechick,
It's very nice to meet you. Of course you may help with the proof listening. I'm sorry that's it's piled up a bit. Enjoy yourself and welcome to the book. By the way, I assume your name isn't thistlechick. What would you like me to call you?

All the best,
Sandra.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Thank you, Sandra. It's nice to meet you, too. My name is Betsie.

This is exactly the kind of story I want to listen to right now. I'm looking forward to it =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Betsie,
I'm glad to hear it! There's at least seven chapters ready for you so feel free to get started as soon as you like.

All the best,
Sandra.