Test Project: Readers Accent Table

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Cori

Post by Cori »

I've popped you in there, Julia -- please take a look and make sure it's all okay!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
MorganScorpion

Post by MorganScorpion »

Thankyou.

I think maybe I should add something about having difficulty pronouncing the letter "r". For honesty's sake.
"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt.
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

I'm a PLer not a reader, but my feedback is this-- in the Other Info column I'd love to be able to suggest strengths readers may not be aware they manifest. I can readily see the mess that could create, but maybe someone else sees an appropriate channel for that thought to flow in.

OTOH, maybe I'm still too new around here to know that the heck I'm talking about. :wink: It's happened before. :oops:

~Susan
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
elaineandsparky

Post by elaineandsparky »

hi.

can i be added to this list?

i'm from bristol uk but don't know if i have a typical south west england accent, would someone else be able to say what my accent is like?
can you also add that i do character voices and that i have lived in bristol all my life.

thank you
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

No idea how to add this so:

Reader: Kristingj (cataloge under)

Accent: English accent is closer to neutral British, but tend to sometime mix American and British.
Norwegian: Somewhat neutral, but still a hint of accent from Eastfold / Ostfold

Kristin
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Kristin and Elaine -- I've added you both! Please take a look and make sure everything's okay. :)

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Accents_Table
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Do you think you could add me in as well?

Name: Boojumuk (Kevin Green)

Accent: General northern England, but can manage a few regional accents on request! I usually try to put a few different accents into my readings to differentiate between characters.

ta.
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it. - Terry Pratchett
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I will do that now. :)

EDIT: Done

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
David Richardson

Post by David Richardson »

Would one of the very kind Admin Team please add me to the table. Of course I could easily do it myself... if altering a Wiki page didn't put me into a blind funk, cold sweat and shivering wreckedness.

Name: David Richardson
Accent: RP
Notes: Mellow/Rich. 'Scouse' on Saturday nights.

Sample: http://ia600607.us.archive.org/23/items/short_poetry_096_librivox/if_kipling_dr_64kb.mp3

Many thanks.
The universe is made up of stories, not of atoms.
- Muriel Rukeyser

My LibriVox Page Blog The Metamorphosis
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

David Richardson wrote:Would one of the very kind Admin Team please add me to the table. Of course I could easily do it myself... if altering a Wiki page didn't put me into a blind funk, cold sweat and shivering wreckedness.

Name: David Richardson
Accent: RP
Notes: Mellow/Rich. 'Scouse' on Saturday nights.

Sample: http://ia600607.us.archive.org/23/items/short_poetry_096_librivox/if_kipling_dr_64kb.mp3

Many thanks.
Done.
Karen S.
david wales

Post by david wales »

Hi folks, Could someone add me to the table? I've tried but break out into a cold sweat with an occasional hot flash when I try and fail. Thank you. David Wales

|-
| LINK (NAME) David Wales
| STATE, COUNTRY, REGION, ETC. (entries are ordered by this field, alphabetically please) CA>LA
| ACCENT General American
| OTHER INFO Oh my. Welsh genes for speaking voice (the singing ones skipped me entirely). Grew up on the West Coast and the South; have lived in Southern California for 40 years. The Southern influence produces a bit broader vowels. Have had some public speaking training. Can do some voice inflection but not really character voices.
| SAMPLE
Peace, David
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

david wales wrote:Hi folks, Could someone add me to the table? I've tried but break out into a cold sweat with an occasional hot flash when I try and fail. Thank you. David Wales

|-
| LINK (NAME) David Wales
| STATE, COUNTRY, REGION, ETC. (entries are ordered by this field, alphabetically please) CA>LA
| ACCENT General American
| OTHER INFO Oh my. Welsh genes for speaking voice (the singing ones skipped me entirely). Grew up on the West Coast and the South; have lived in Southern California for 40 years. The Southern influence produces a bit broader vowels. Have had some public speaking training. Can do some voice inflection but not really character voices.
| SAMPLE
Done.
Karen S.
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I've noticed the sample link next to my description is broken. If it can be fixed that would be awesome. Also I'd like it changed to reflect my new recording set up:
http://www.archive.org/download/fiddler_dooney_1112_librivox/fiddlerofdooney_yeats_lkp.mp3

For some reason my old recordings have really terrible bg noise. Since I know how to noise clean I've no idea why I left them that way.
So little space, so much to say.
Cori

Post by Cori »

I'll get that for you, Lucy. :)
Cori

Post by Cori »

Done ... please check! :D

[I also updated Carl and earthcalling's links too, since those were broken in a similar way.]