COMPLETE: Short Nonfiction Collection Vol 020 - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wendeltopper

Post by wendeltopper »

Sections 3, 4 - PL OK
Wendel

Truth is the daughter of time, and I feel no shame in being her midwife. - Johannes Kepler
wendeltopper

Post by wendeltopper »

Section 6 - Bellona, in the first sentence you said "32 degrees 15 something North" That something is 'minutes.' Should be "32 degrees 15 minutes north and 64 degrees 50 minutes west." Otherwise PL OK

Section 8 - At the end, say "END OF Gifts, by Ralph Waldo Emerson. Read by ..." Also, reduce silence at the end of the recording from 12 seconds to 5 seconds. Also, ID3 tags need to be changed. Otherwise PL OK
Wendel

Truth is the daughter of time, and I feel no shame in being her midwife. - Johannes Kepler
Guero

Post by Guero »

wendeltopper wrote:Sections 3, 4 - PL OK
Thanks, Wendel!
John
"...what kind of internal wiring in my grandmother's mind enabled her...To condense fact from the vapor of nuance." -- Neal Stephenson
wendeltopper

Post by wendeltopper »

Sections 9, 10, 14, 15 - PL OK

Section 11 - Repeat at 7:17 - ID3 tags are wrong - I'm not sure how we want to go about this, but I'll post the info I found and let the powers that be make the tough decisions... There are a lot of mispronunciations and pregnant pauses in this reading. Does this fall under 'listener choice' or 'accents' or should they be changed? I'm not sure, can someone else maybe give this a listen?

Thanks in advance!
Wendel

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Thanks Wendel. Pauses that are overly long do fall under standard PLing, but generally pronunciation does not. Personally I don't mind if PLer's point out where a word was misread especially if it changes the meaning of the text, but we do have to be careful since a wide range of pronunciation can be acceptable depending on the location of the reader. Your discretion in not posting a long list of corrections is appreciated. Perhaps if you kept notes for this section, you could send them to me by PM and I can review them and see what I think before sharing them with the reader.

Jo
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

wendeltopper wrote:Section 6 - Bellona, in the first sentence you said "32 degrees 15 something North" That something is 'minutes.' Should be "32 degrees 15 minutes north and 64 degrees 50 minutes west." Otherwise PL OK

Section 8 - At the end, say "END OF Gifts, by Ralph Waldo Emerson. Read by ..." Also, reduce silence at the end of the recording from 12 seconds to 5 seconds. Also, ID3 tags need to be changed. Otherwise PL OK
Thanks for the clarity, WT, I just couldn't remember what those symbols meant ;)
now 11:14
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/snf020_bermudas_anonymous_bt.mp3
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
wendeltopper

Post by wendeltopper »

Bellona - No problem!

Section 6 - PL OK
Wendel

wendeltopper

Post by wendeltopper »

Sections 7, 13 - PL OK
Wendel

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

thanks again for PLing this collection, Wendel.

This collection is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

http://librivox.org/short-nonfiction-collection-vol-020-by-various/
Jo