COMPLETE: Mansfield Park by Jane Austen - AF/kl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Oomingmak

Post by Oomingmak »

I'd be happy to take chapters 07 and 08!

I'll re-read the book over the weekend and do some other prep. I should be able to finish by Sunday the 24th.
kri

Post by kri »

Oomingmak wrote:I'd be happy to take chapters 07 and 08!

I'll re-read the book over the weekend and do some other prep. I should be able to finish by Sunday the 24th.
Well, that was quick :) I'm filling in for Tina until she feels a little better, so I'll add you to the list.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Oomingmak wrote:I'd be happy to take chapters 07 and 08!

Thank you thank you!
Since this is your first recording, please consider making a little one-minute test of your recording setup and let kri or someone hear it so we know if any adjustment needs to be made. Some things that are easy to fix beforehand (plosives, software settings, input volume) are much much harder (or impossible) to fix afterhand, and it's SO much more pleasant to discover that with a one-minute test than with a 30-minute chapter!

:) thanks thanks!
Anita
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Tina,

I am uploading chapter 46 to kri's uploader now. So the last of my seven chapters (what was I thinking?) is complete. Do check the ID tags as I have a new computer setup that required me to convert my audacity file to wav and then to MP3 using Itunes and when I filled in the info, it didn't look the same as the ID tags I had gotten previously when using the LAME encoder in audacity. If you're wondering why I didn't do this, it's because I have an intel MAC and the LAME encoder for that model of MAC hasn't been developed yet. That aside, I think I'm done. I have saved all of the original audacity files in case there are any major mistakes or changes that need to be done, I can edit the originals instead of editing the MP3s and losing sound quality thereby.

Thanks for coordinating this. I can't wait until it comes out.

Judy
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
kri

Post by kri »

jbieber wrote:Hi Tina,

I am uploading chapter 46 to kri's uploader now. So the last of my seven chapters (what was I thinking?) is complete. Do check the ID tags as I have a new computer setup that required me to convert my audacity file to wav and then to MP3 using Itunes and when I filled in the info, it didn't look the same as the ID tags I had gotten previously when using the LAME encoder in audacity. If you're wondering why I didn't do this, it's because I have an intel MAC and the LAME encoder for that model of MAC hasn't been developed yet. That aside, I think I'm done. I have saved all of the original audacity files in case there are any major mistakes or changes that need to be done, I can edit the originals instead of editing the MP3s and losing sound quality thereby.

Thanks for coordinating this. I can't wait until it comes out.

Judy
Thank you Judy :) I can check ID3 tags when I put it through the validator.
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Kri,

I sent some of the chapters of Mansfield Park to Tina via Pando. If you need them and don't have them, I can send them to your uploader too. Just tell me what's missing. Judy
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
kri

Post by kri »

jbieber wrote:Hi Kri,

I sent some of the chapters of Mansfield Park to Tina via Pando. If you need them and don't have them, I can send them to your uploader too. Just tell me what's missing. Judy
If Tina gets them, that's fine :) Thanks Judy.
sadclown

Post by sadclown »

I'm uploading Chapter 27 right now to kri's uploader. I noticed after the fact though that the saved file name has a typo. It says 21 not 27. If that's a problem, let me know and I'll fix it and resend it. Thanks!!
Jennifer
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Great, Caet!

I'll pop that into the prooflistening thread.
Thanks so much!

(I'm now acting BC, but since Tina did all the book coordinating for alllllll this time, I'm going incognito on the last-chapter help and keep her listed as the BC. ... Actually, there appears to be plenty of shepherding ahead. We'll see. I may put myself in as BC up till cataloguing time so that folks would be directed to me for questions, etc. Just thinking aloud; don't mind me.)
Anita
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Kristen
http://www.mediatinker.com
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/KristenMcQuillin/]My recordings & claimed chapters[/url]
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Brava! Brava, Kristen! Thanks so much.

How lovely to have your voice again! [I do love it that folks can slip away as life demands, and slip back as life allows. Especially fond of the slipping back.]
Anita
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

I'm sorry I have to withdraw from doing my two chapters ... pressures at work are mounting. Apologies.

-denny
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

I can thoroughly sympathize, Denny. Thanks so much for letting us know. Good luck during this high pressure zone, and I hope LV won't be another pressure.
Anita
sadclown

Post by sadclown »

My chapters are done. Here is chapter 27:

http://download.yousendit.com/7E51B58A7807B143