[COMPLETE] Short Science Fiction Collection 043 - gam

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wendeltopper

Post by wendeltopper »

Section 18 - Repeat 4:45, 5:32
Wendel

Truth is the daughter of time, and I feel no shame in being her midwife. - Johannes Kepler
wendeltopper

Post by wendeltopper »

Section 16 - ID3 tags wrong otherwise PL OK
Wendel

Truth is the daughter of time, and I feel no shame in being her midwife. - Johannes Kepler
GreggMargarite

Post by GreggMargarite »

Bellona – Thanks for the Coblentz!

Frank – Thanks for the Wells! As regards your opinion of the PL process; I think PLs have the hardest job at LibriVox. They are not permitted to criticize quality but must also maintain a standard. Our narrators run the gamut from the insecure and easily dissuaded to those that have a higher opinion of their skills than is warranted. PLs don’t call these people out, they simply point out technical discrepancies and sometimes gingerly mention mispronunciations and unnecessary pauses. It’s true there are LV wiki pages that establish guidelines for proof listening but they are in keeping with one of LVs founding policies of taking all comers regardless of their narration skills.

These recordings are made in a vacuum without directors or producers to provide help. Consequently I have always appreciated critical remarks irrespective of their source as this is the only feedback I get. For me, the more ears the better. Of course there are PLs who I trust more than others and Wendel is among them, but Rod seems like a well-meaning and competent guy who might provide useful remarks. He is welcome to make any comments he likes on my stuff and I will take them seriously.

This collection is now closed – See you in Short SF 44!

Gregg
frankmalanga

Post by frankmalanga »

Gregg -

Thank you for your comments and clarification.

I'm sorry that I stirred things up by my post. I was expressing my feelings and I well may have misunderstood the situation. I probably should have held my tongue (fingers?) My wife tells me I occasionally do react without thinking things through.

I apologize to Rod and everyone for causing any unnecessary discomfort.

Now onward to SF 44.

Frank
wendeltopper

Post by wendeltopper »

Sections 19, 20 - PL OK

Thank you all for the great stories!
Wendel

litarvan

Post by litarvan »

I just re-recorded Earthmen Bearing Gifts by Fredric Brown

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/gam/ssf043_earthmenbearinggifts_brown_man.mp3

The length is now 6:21

It is such a short story and I need the practice reading aloud :)
wendeltopper

Post by wendeltopper »

Section 18 - PL OK
Wendel

GreggMargarite

Post by GreggMargarite »

This project has been cataloged and can be found at:

http://librivox.org/short-science-fiction-collection-043-by-various/
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Congratulations! It is always a satisfaction when a project is finished and sent out into the world. :thumbs:

Lars :D
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there