[COMPLETE] Poor Miss Finch by Wilkie Collins - rg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aravis

Post by aravis »

Whoops, I didnt see you last post. Sorry! :oops:
I'm really enjoying the book, though I'm a little confused about the story... guess that comes from listening out of order. The length of the chapters is just perfect. :D

Downloading...
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Thank you so much for taking on more chapters Tricia and Nadine. It's great. Of course the down side Tricia, is that you'll hear my attempt at a German accent in chapter30. I get better as the book carries on though ha ha ha.

It was a fun book to read and record so I won't enlighten poor Aravis who has been following the plot, although out of order. I'll just say that there's loads of drama still to come.

All the best,
Sandra.
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Chapters 20, 21, 22 are ready for PL :D
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapters 23 and 24 are great! :D

Downloading...
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

In chapter 25, I need this sentence (said by Nugent) read:

I propose to show (on an immense scale) how Nature (in her grandest aspects) can adapt herself to the spiritual wants of mankind. In your joy or your sorrow, Nature has subtle sympathies with you, if you only know where to look for them.

Thanks!

@2:36
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Tricia,
here's that segment:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/rg/poormissfinch_25_corrections_collins.mp3

All the best,
Sandra.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thank you!

It's corrected and in the queue for uploading, behind another file. :wink:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
aravis

Post by aravis »

Downloading... :D
Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapters 20-22 and 25 are great! :D
Elli

Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Yay, more chapters claimed for editing, thank you ever so much Tricia! Aravis, I see you've been proof listening but I'm pleased to say we're ahead of you again. Yes!

By the way, there might be a girl called Kimberly popping into the thread at some point. She's practising navigating round the forums with the same speech programme as me.

All the best,
Sandra.
morrowka

Post by morrowka »

[quo
Sandra, First of all, a question: Have I posted precisely at the place you instructed? I posted the project notes for the music appreciation book, chapter 6, "within the project thread" as instructed, but somehow, no one is able to locate it. And guess what??? Neither can I! And I need to get that post to them because there were several errors. I still need to know: What are the words associated with the forum location where PL notes are posted? If you and I know a specific word to look for that is always there, we can do a virtual find with JAWS (control F) on it and then locate it.

I had another idea: Could Librivox consider forming a pool of volunteers that, in addition to their usual volunteer work, would commit to serving members of the LV community with various types of special needs? Here's what would keep things from getting out of hand: A person with special needs could post a maximum of 2 questions per day to any admin in that pool. Admins who found they had minimal time for any reason could take themselves out of the pool temporarily. I envision this "pool" of volunteers looking like a friends list; you could click on the admin available for that purpose. Also, there should be a pool of blind/special needs volunteers who are themselves ready and eager to assist. If I ever figure out the system, I'll be more than delighted to help in any and every way I can; I would be prepared to give back--big-time!

What do you think? Do you think anyone in LV would be open to this? Again, that 2 posts/questions per day cap would probably help on the sighted volunteer's end.

Kimberly
te="RuthieG"]Love the intro! :)

We will wait a little to see if a DPL comes along before moving to Going Solo. Once you have some sections in the MW, we can post in Listeners & Editors Wanted for editors, too.

Ruth[/quote]
Kimberly Morrow
Metro Kansas City, USA
http://www.facebook.com/morrowka/
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

I've written back to Kimberly in a pm. I second her idea though. We can return to writing about the book now.

All the best,
Sandra.
aravis

Post by aravis »

LOL, I'll catch up with you again in no time. 8-)

Downloading...
Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapters 28-31 are great! :D
Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 32 is great! :D
Elli