[COMPLETE] Story of a Candy Rabbit-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cori

Post by Cori »

Over the hump and gathering speed -- chapter 6 is up!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Chapter 6 is PL OK. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Cori

Post by Cori »

Yay! Chapter 7's just uploading now, too. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

And Chapter 7 is PL OK! :D
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thankyou ever so much, Maria! Happy New Year to you, whenever it comes! :D
Cori

Post by Cori »

Chapter 8's ready for you too, now -- I'm hoping to get this one in the bag this weekend (if only because all the sugar is making me feel a little ill ... )
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Chapter 8 is PL OK! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Cori

Post by Cori »

Chapter 9 is ready, Maria, and I'm just starting work on Chapter 10. Yay!
Cori

Post by Cori »

And that's chapter 10 done! Thank goodness ... the relentless saccharine prose and little continuity errors were starting to wear on me (I mean, really! How hard IS it to keep your characters' names and attributes straight in a 10 chapter book!? Wonder if those bits were written by different people?)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Chapters 9 and 10 are PL OK! Great job, Cori! :clap:
You know, it's pretty amazing that the writer managed to drag out a story of a piece of candy for 10 chapters before anyone even thought about eating it. :lol: :lol:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Silly question, Cori:

I've got this in the validator and am almost ready to send it to Archive. Your volumes are all around 94/95 - pretty consistent. Would you prefer them to stay up there, or shall I go ahead and use the "make all tracks sound the same volume" function to bring 'em down to 89?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Cori

Post by Cori »

That's a really good question, actually. If you wouldn't mind making them 89, that'd be great -- and I'll download one of the finished files to recalibrate my process against for future reference. (Dbs seem to have different scales in every program I use. :|)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-story-of-a-candy-rabbit-by-laura-lee-hope/

I'll let you delete the files from the uploader, Cori. I've backed up the files from the validator, like I do with all my MC projects. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ductapeguy

Post by ductapeguy »

Congratulations Cori on completing your 5th anniversary story.
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thanks, Sean. :)

Thankyou ever so much Tricia and Maria for all your help with this frivolous piece of writing. I'm happy to have it out of my system and can't think WHY I was so obsessed with it when I first came to LibriVox. Still, the aim IS to record every work in the public domain, and it is a nice story for littler listeners.