COMPLETE-[HYMNS] Public Domain Hymns - 01 - ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Poor Ezwa - she's going to sign in to see all of us with our fingers in this pie. :lol:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

I like the idea of creating a new project (separately) using these hymns and each reader selecting their own entries with no repeats. Would anyone volunteer to make this new project in addition to this one? :)
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

You lost me a little on that--can you explain?
ofTexas-Susan
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello!

I'm discovering this this morning.
I'll have a closer look when I get back on the computer in 10-12 hours.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
Kargin

Post by Kargin »

Oh wow! Sign me up for this one! I see some greatly familiar tunes and tons I'm unaware of completely! Should we perhaps start recording now and see what occurs later or wait?
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Kargin wrote:Oh wow! Sign me up for this one! I see some greatly familiar tunes and tons I'm unaware of completely! Should we perhaps start recording now and see what occurs later or wait?
Hey Kargin! I've recorded Section 1 Subsection 1. Would you like to start with Section 1 Subsection 2? That way, we could turn Section 1 into its own volume.

Sam
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Sam,

Oups! It looks like my estimated time laps tripled. :oops:

The MW is in the first post.
From your last post, I gather, we're going for each section as a volume with subsections? Is it so?

Could you set a deadline and specify exactly what is to be said as intro and outro? That will make it "easier" for people who might like to join in.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
Kargin

Post by Kargin »

stinssd wrote: ...Would you like to start with Section 1 Subsection 2? That way, we could turn Section 1 into its own volume.

Sam
Certainly will, any opposition to singing the familiars or keep it all to reading? Please accept this message as my claiming Section 1 Subsections 2 and 3 (if that is permissible to claim two at once).
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Kargin wrote:
stinssd wrote: ...Would you like to start with Section 1 Subsection 2? That way, we could turn Section 1 into its own volume.

Sam
Certainly will, any opposition to singing the familiars or keep it all to reading? Please accept this message as my claiming Section 1 Subsections 2 and 3 (if that is permissible to claim two at once).
For this project, I'd like to keep it all to be read and not sung. I like the idea of making a new project later that's only sung, though.
Samuel Stinson

Kargin

Post by Kargin »

stinssd wrote: For this project, I'd like to keep it all to be read and not sung. I like the idea of making a new project later that's only sung, though.
Sounds good, and can always use them individually under poetry I suppose until that time.
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

ezwa wrote:Hello Sam,

Oups! It looks like my estimated time laps tripled. :oops:

The MW is in the first post.
From your last post, I gather, we're going for each section as a volume with subsections? Is it so?

Could you set a deadline and specify exactly what is to be said as intro and outro? That will make it "easier" for people who might like to join in.
Thanks Ezwa, that's right. :) I've set a deadline (01/15/11) and set the intro and outro.
Samuel Stinson

Kargin

Post by Kargin »

stinssd wrote: I've set a deadline (01/15/11) and set the intro and outro.
Thanks for setting the intro/outro for the entire subsection but regarding each entry should we not specify the author of the words? I listened to a bit of your Subsection 1 and noticed only the title of the song not the author. I've been recording with the author but can easily take that out if you do not want that in.
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Kargin wrote:
stinssd wrote: I've set a deadline (01/15/11) and set the intro and outro.
Thanks for setting the intro/outro for the entire subsection but regarding each entry should we not specify the author of the words? I listened to a bit of your Subsection 1 and noticed only the title of the song not the author. I've been recording with the author but can easily take that out if you do not want that in.
Given that many (though not all) of the hymns are Traditional tunes and ascribed to anonymous, the sections I record will probably not include author names. If you'd like to include the author names, this seems helpful too and would be welcomed.

Sam
Samuel Stinson

Kargin

Post by Kargin »

Here's Section 1 Subsection 2 @ 16:11 -
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ez/publicdomainhymns_01_02.mp3

I used the above naming convention since there seems to be a long future for this project ;) I didn't find what the magic window post had helpful SO if there are no objections I presume it safe to have all future files named as:

publicdomainhymns_(section ##)_(subsection ##).mp3

Regarding the tags:
Title: Section ## Subsection ## - Public Domain Hymns
Artist: Miscellaneous
Album: Public Domain Hymns

Comments (optional): Recorded by (your name)

Hope this helps! On to Subsection 3!
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Kargin wrote:Here's Section 1 Subsection 2 @ 16:11 -
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ez/publicdomainhymns_01_02.mp3

I used the above naming convention since there seems to be a long future for this project ;) I didn't find what the magic window post had helpful SO if there are no objections I presume it safe to have all future files named as:

publicdomainhymns_(section ##)_(subsection ##).mp3

Regarding the tags:
Title: Section ## Subsection ## - Public Domain Hymns
Artist: Miscellaneous
Album: Public Domain Hymns

Comments (optional): Recorded by (your name)

Hope this helps! On to Subsection 3!
The naming convention and tag-setup looks great to me! Thanks for your hard work.
Samuel Stinson