[COMPLETE] Story of a Candy Rabbit-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cori

Post by Cori »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-story-of-a-candy-rabbit-by-laura-lee-hope/

5 years ago, I was a newbie here. And in my first ever LibriVox post, I announced exactly what my initial solo would be. But then I found out that LibriVoxing can be ACTUALLY QUITE A LOT OF WORK and so I stuck to reading chapters in collaboratives for a few years. Well, that and bouncing madly round the place like a three-year-old with a sugar rush. :lol: And when I did start soloing, I somehow always picked other projects. So many books, so little time!

In the five years I've been here, my notions of what LibriVox might be have changed -- but my excitement and enthusiasm, though differently channelled these days, haven't waned a bit. I honestly think this is one of the greatest projects in the universe, and I am extremely proud to be a LibriVoxer. And so to celebrate that, I intend to go back to my roots and to my original plan and record one of the greatest pieces of literature in the English-speaking canon. Ladies and Gentleman, I give you:

The Story of a Candy Rabbit by Laura Lee Hope (penname for a group of authors, hence no birth/death date).

Click here to be notified by email when this book is complete!
The Candy Rabbit wakes up one morning to find his Destiny has arrived: he is part of a wonderful Easter display at the toy shop in which he lives -- and any moment now the customers will arrive! Follow this sweet chap as he has many little adventures, making new friends and catching up with old friends along the way. -- Summary by Cori.
  • Target completion date: 22/12/2010
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17276
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): Standard, please, and Constructive Criticism is very welcome.

MAGIC WINDOW:

(BC admin)
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter 1 of The Story of a Candy Rabbit. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by Cori Samuel"
    • Say:
      "The Story of a Candy Rabbit by Laura Lee Hope. Chapter 1"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter # of The Story of a Candy Rabbit by Laura Lee Hope. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.
    • "[Chapter title]"

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      End of [Chapter]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Story of a Candy Rabbit by Laura Lee Hope."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    candyrabbit_01_hope.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: 03 - The Bad Cat
    Artist: Laura Lee Hope
    Album: The Story of a Candy Rabbit
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Cori,

If you don't have someone else in mind, I'd be happy to DPL this amazing piece of literature (in the English language) for you! :lol: :lol:
Congrats on your five year Librivox anniversary. :clap:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Cori

Post by Cori »

I'd love to have your help with this project, Maria, please consider yourself signed up! Thankyou!

There are two chapters up already, prepare to be amazed and astounded at the astonishing adventures of this candy cuniculus. :shock:
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Chapters one and two are PL OK!
The first chapter in a way reminded me of "Corduroy" by Don Freeman. Of course the resemblance may end there. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Are you MC'ing this yourself (going to catalog it)?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
kayray

Post by kayray »

Happy 5th LibriVersary Cori!!! :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
ductapeguy

Post by ductapeguy »

My goodness, great minds think alike. My daughter and I just started a Laura Lee Hope book last night. Happy Libriversary.
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thankyou, Kara! And Sean -- and best of luck with your book, looking forward to hearing it!

Tricia, no -- my MCing stops at making a magic window and filling it up with stuff. Any chance you'd sign on for it now, or shall I go begging once Maria's approved everything? :D
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK - I'll catalog it for you. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Cori

Post by Cori »

Chapter 3 is ready for PL. :)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Chapter 3 is PL OK! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thanks! Chapter 4 is ready for you too, Maria.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Chapter 4 is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Cori

Post by Cori »

Chapter 5's ready now :)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Chapter 5 is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks