Glad to be here

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
linny

Post by linny »

I found LibriVox while conducting research for a paper in my religion studies class. I am a returning student with 7 classes to go, FINALLY! I found one of your recordings for sale on ebay. The description listed LibriVox so here I am.

I have loved the availability of books on tape (oops, there's my age popping in) while traveling or just to keep me company while doing housework. Finding a source for books with expired copyrights will be a blessing to many and I would like to do what I can to assist with the project.

Due to my work/class schedule I like the ability to adjust my volunteer level while still remaining active. By taking a look through the forums it appears there is always something to do with varying time commitments. I was thinking of starting as a listener and working my way in from there.

Linny :D
Last edited by linny on March 12th, 2011, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi and welcome to LibriVox, Linny!

Have fun here! :D

A good place to get started is the LibriVox Wiki. It's linked at the top of the page. There you can find a lot of information on prooflistening, recording and much more.

If there is anything you'd like to know, just shout!
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
linny

Post by linny »

When searching through the posts attempting to find a project to work on I frequently get a notification that I'm not authorized to view a post. Is this normal?
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

No, that is not normal, unless you are looking in the Abandoned Projects: Book Coordinators Wanted thread, where the abandoned projects are in an area that isn't publicly viewable. Please post here again with the link, if it happens to you again, so that we can look into it. We have just installed new forum software, and there are a few glitches now and again which we are ironing out as we go. :)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
linny

Post by linny »

I was on the PL wiki page. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners
In the "How to Proof-listen" section there is a link for FAQs.
http://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?t=724
I was not able to access that page and received the message, " You are not authorised to read this forum."