Librivox Multilingual Short Works Collection 001
This collection is for short works, either fiction or non-fiction, in any language except English. Feel free to choose any work which is in the public domain. Try to stick to works that run less than 60 minutes. Please follow the instructions in this post carefully. There is no need to "sign-up" before recording; please remember that, to be on the safe side, you should choose a work that is Public Domain in your country AND that was published before 1923; if you are unsure about anything, please post here and ask before recording!
There is no deadline for this collection. It will be catalogued when it is full, and then another collection may be started.
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Standard proof-listening required.
- Set your recording software to:
- Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Channels: 1 (Mono)
- At the BEGINNING Say: "[Title] by [author], read in [language] "This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox Recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit Librivox.org"
NB - The intro and outro can be in English, or in the language of the recording. You can find the LibriVox disclaimer in a number of other languages here.
- At the END, say: "End of [Title], by [Author Name]"
- If you wish, you may also say: "Read by...your name."
- Please leave 5 seconds of silence at the end of your recording or 10 seconds if the file is longer than 30 minutes.
- Need noise-cleaning?
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
- Save files as
128 kbps MP3
File name all in lowercase: msw001_[sectiontitle]_[author's last name]_[your initials].mp3
- ID3 V2 tags
(To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/WhatIsID3)
Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
Title: Language - Title (e.g. German - Der Engel)
Artist: Author name (e.g. Hans Christian Andersen)
Album: Multilingual Short Works Collection 001
Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
- Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Please include the following information:
- link to the text source
- author name (and date of death, if possible)
- title of the story (and date of publication, if possible)
- duration (runtime) of the file
- if this is your first recording: how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: le - Leni
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below or PM Leni