[COMPLETE] There is a Tavern in the Town by J. Stephens - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

:shock: Oh no, that's a shame iremonger :(

Lesson #(?): always save your recordings until the project has been cataloged (then the files are on archive.org's server) or at least until they have been proof listened (to) :wink:

I have no idea what could have happened to your upload.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
iremonger

Post by iremonger »

Part 3 re-uploaded!
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
I've PL'ed Section 3 and there's one glitch:

At 7:42 repeat “but I am no bigot in such matters,”

The rest of the file is very good. I enjoyed listening to the humor about Englishmen. :) I'll keep my eye to see when you are able to edit the file. And then this project will be complete! :clap:

All the best
Betty
Hartman's Law of Prescriptivist Retaliation: Any article or statement about correct grammar, punctuation, or spelling is bound to contain at
least one eror.
iremonger

Post by iremonger »

Done, thanks for your help. Planning to launch a new project of similar length tomorrow - Prelude by Katherine Mansfield - in case either of you are interested.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Good work, this should be cataloged by tomorrow.
iremonger, I have a few notes on your files, I usually check them before cataloging (I hate surprises during the process :twisted: ) Parts 1, 2 & 4 have a lot of DC offset, that is waveform suspended above/below the 0 line. This can produce unwanted clicks on occasion and may cause problems with the files when they are derived by archive.org... I applied Audacity Normalize to correct this.
Part 3 was below spec on volume, I amplified and had to noise clean to remove the amplified noise.
Unfortunately I didn't check the files earlier to give you a heads up on the DC offset problem.
Do you an idea what you did different with your redo of Part 3 that resulted in no DC offset for that file ?
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

This project is now complete!
All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/there-is-a-tavern-in-the-town-by-james-stephens/
David Lawrence

iremonger

Post by iremonger »

Ardlaw, I got the DC offset feedback on a story I submitted to the humor collection, so I normalized part 3 just in case - will try to educate myself so I can tell from audacity if there's a problem in future. Thanks for the cleanup work you did.