[COMPLETE] The Brass Bottle by F. Anstey - ni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KimbElevens

Post by KimbElevens »

Hi! This is KimbElevens, who claimed chapter 8.
I just wanted to give a quick update. I had some issues with both my audio and my internet, which have now both been resolved.
I have recorded the chapter in full and will begin editing.
I know the deadline has not come yet, but I was hoping to have this sooner than I was able to.
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know what was going on with this chapter!
Thanks, Kim
Guero

Post by Guero »

KimbElevens wrote:Hi! This is KimbElevens, who claimed chapter 8.
I just wanted to give a quick update. I had some issues with both my audio and my internet, which have now both been resolved.
I have recorded the chapter in full and will begin editing.
I know the deadline has not come yet, but I was hoping to have this sooner than I was able to.
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know what was going on with this chapter!
Thanks, Kim
Hi, Kim. Thanks for checking in. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry you were having technical difficulties, but I'm glad you got them resolved. :D
John
"...what kind of internal wiring in my grandmother's mind enabled her...To condense fact from the vapor of nuance." -- Neal Stephenson
KimbElevens

Post by KimbElevens »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/brassbottle_08_anstey.mp3

18:09
Chapter 8!
I'm still new at this, fingers crossed that it's ok!

Thanks,
Kim
Guero

Post by Guero »

KimbElevens wrote:http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/brassbottle_08_anstey.mp3

18:09
Chapter 8!
I'm still new at this, fingers crossed that it's ok!
Thanks, Kim. :mrgreen:

Carolin will PL this for you and will let you know if there are any corrections to be made. Don't worry, we were all new to this at one point. It's a fun learning experience. :D
John
"...what kind of internal wiring in my grandmother's mind enabled her...To condense fact from the vapor of nuance." -- Neal Stephenson
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

chapter 8 is great :)

CK
lavahna

Post by lavahna »

Sorry I've been absent for a while. This and that, you know. I should have chapter 4 up by tonight. Thanks for your patience everyone!

:)
Guero

Post by Guero »

Thanks for checking in, lavahna. :)
John
lavahna

Post by lavahna »

A few technical difficulties, but I'm not so far past my deadline that any heads will roll I hope! :wink:

Chapter 04 as promised: @ 10:02

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ni/brassbottle_04_anstey.mp3

If anyone can give me a hint how to edit out the sirens between 1:30 and 2:00 I'd love you to pieces. I tried multiple effects in Audacity, and also tried my 10 level equalizer in Sound Studio, but I just can't seem to get rid of the sirens....Arggggghhhh! Hopefully they're not too much of a distraction. I can, of course, re-record if necessary.
Guero

Post by Guero »

Thanks, lavahna! No heads will roll -- that's not the LibriVox way. :D You got it in ahead of the deadline and there are still other unread sections. So no worries at all. I'm glad you were able to contribute to this project. :mrgreen:

I've added it to the MW. Carolin will PL it for you when she is able. If I get a chance, I'll listen to the spot with the siren in it to see how distracting it is. If I don't get to it before Carolin, I'm sure she'll give you her feedback regarding it.

Thanks again!
John
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

id give section four my pl ok! i listened first through my normal speakers in my laptop and didnt hear any sirens at all, and then i used my head phones and spotchecked, and i found the sirens, but im pretty sure i only heard it because i was looking for it. i didnt find it distracting at all.
maybe you could give a second opinion on that, guero?

but lavahna, if you do find out how to edit such sirens out please let me know, i live in the triangle of three hospitals as well :wink:

CK
Guero

Post by Guero »

I checked it out and had to turn the volume up fairly high to hear the sirens. I agree with Carolin...they're not distracting at all. And they don't last long anyway. :)

As for how to edit them out? I have no idea. Maybe someone needs to make a de-siren addon for Audacity. :hmm:

So...PL OK it is! :clap: Thanks, lavahna!
John
Kalynda

Post by Kalynda »

Hey, just checked the text for section 16 ... the "stumble" is actually in the text:

"He thought that was the general feeling. (It evidently was, judging from the loud and unanimous cheering). However, for reasons which—for reasons with which they were as well acquainted as himself, the notice had been short."

Cheers,
Kalynda
Il faut cultiver nos jardins.
Guero

Post by Guero »

Those darned intentional stumbles! I'll mark it PL OK. Thanks, Kalynda. :D
John
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

im sorry kalynda, my mistake :oops:

CK
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Hi all,
back from globetrotting and on the job.
I'll post my test in the next day or two and the chapter promptly after that.
just checking in!