You know you're addicted to LV when...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

...when the latest Avast voice informing you that your virus database has been updated reminds you of a certain LV reader every time you hear it. Rolling Eyes

Alright, spill. Which one? We need to know who is getting paid big bucks for the voice over.
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

neckertb wrote:
Guero wrote:You are scheduled to go on a business trip and, when they give you a loaner laptop, the first thing you do is load Audacity onto it. :P
Ha! I'm doing that right now! Leaving on Friday, need to remember the Mic or at least headphones so I can edit :roll:
I am leaving on a business trip in about 1 hour - and I have my microphone packed and ready..!! I hope to finish reading my current solo project this week, while staying at the Best Western. I do all my recordings in hotels during my business trips. :D

How do I know I am addicted? When I book a hotel for business travel, I ignore every single fancy hotel amenity available, and make only one simple request, "please place me in the highest floor possible, away from street traffic".
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

If only I sounded that good. :|
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

JoeD wrote: How do I know I am addicted? When I book a hotel for business travel, I ignore every single fancy hotel amenity available, and make only one simple request, "please place me in the highest floor possible, away from street traffic".
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

You somehow accidentally send yourself a PM reminder about chapters needing to be read (Was supposed to go to somebody else.........don't know how I managed that one) (Didn't even know that it was possible to send yourself a PM ~ you learn something new every day!)

(Then again maybe that is just a sign that you are tired and not that you are addicted to LV :D :D :D :D :D )
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

History of Religions nut that I am, I recently visited an old Catholic seminary here in my town. I was invited into the library, and as I gazed at shelf after shelf of seemingly ancient theology and history books, only one thought went through my mind:

"I bet all of these are public domain...."
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

JoeD wrote:History of Religions nut that I am, I recently visited an old Catholic seminary here in my town. I was invited into the library, and as I gazed at shelf after shelf of seemingly ancient theology and history books, only one thought went through my mind:

"I bet all of these are public domain...."
That would be my thought exactly, if I ever managed to get in a time machine and travel back to earlier centuries. I'd love to be in a 19th or 18th century book shop, browsing through all the "new releases", buying as many first editions as possible.

If only I could get Charles Dickens to read the LibriVox disclaimer before one of his famous book readings... ;)
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."
- Baha'u'llah
See: http://bahai.org/

Some Answered Questions.
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Vol. I.
An Elementary Greek Grammar.
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

...irritating songs no longer stick in your head. You are instead plagued by the constant sound of your own voice in your head, practicing cadence and rhythm into even the most mundane and trivial of reading material - even as trivial as THIS VERY LIBRIVOX FORUM MESSAGE - AS I TYPE IT !!! .

It's driving me nuts, I tell you.

:|
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

... you have 8 tabs open and 7 of those are LV related. (make that 9 and 8 LV)

.... you have 4 programs open across the bottom of the screen that all relate to LV

... you are the second most prolific poster.

:roll: sheesh! :roll:

Esther :mrgreen: :9:
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

YKYATLW...

You read about the Dead Sea Scrolls becoming available online, and your first thought is "Ooh, those are DEFINITELY before 1923"

http://hosted2.ap.org/apdefault/APWorldNews/Article_2010-10-19-ML-Israel-Ancient-Scrolls-Online/id-f5d1400303fb4a09ba91afc397691c57

(So who have we got who can read ancient Aramaic?)
Laurie Anne
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

chocoholic wrote:(So who have we got who can read ancient Aramaic?)
Marilianus can read Biblical Hebrew and Greek. :) I don't know if he reads Aramaic.
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."
- Baha'u'llah
See: http://bahai.org/

Some Answered Questions.
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Vol. I.
An Elementary Greek Grammar.
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

chocoholic wrote:YKYATLW...

You read about the Dead Sea Scrolls becoming available online, and your first thought is "Ooh, those are DEFINITELY before 1923"

http://hosted2.ap.org/apdefault/APWorldNews/Article_2010-10-19-ML-Israel-Ancient-Scrolls-Online/id-f5d1400303fb4a09ba91afc397691c57

You might find this interesing:

http://codexsinaiticus.org/en/

Another one - definitely open source material. :P
kayray

Post by kayray »

JoeD wrote:...irritating songs no longer stick in your head. You are instead plagued by the constant sound of your own voice in your head, practicing cadence and rhythm into even the most mundane and trivial of reading material - even as trivial as THIS VERY LIBRIVOX FORUM MESSAGE - AS I TYPE IT !!! .

It's driving me nuts, I tell you.

:|
Yes!!!! And when I read ANYTHING to myself, I imagine reading it aloud...
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Sonneteer

Post by Sonneteer »

chocoholic wrote:YKYATLW...

I can also read Biblical Hebrew. Aramaic is quite similar, so it probably would not take too long to learn to pronounce it (and I could just check with the English translations to know what it is I'm saying).