[COMPLETE] Greek Grammar by Kühner... - n19

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
hefyd

Post by hefyd »

Will we be reading the footnotes ? I assume that in a work of this kind, we will read them, since they won't break the 'flow' hefyd
meum est propositum,in taberna mori
ut sint vina proxima,morientis ori
anon.
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

I think there should be no rule, but as a general line the footnotes with remarks or examples should be read, simple references not. E.g. on p. 53 the footnote should be read, the two footnotes on p. 106 not.

So every reader should decide this from case to case according to his judgment.

:| Christoph
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

Hello,

I have uploaded section 17:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/n19/greekgrammar_17_oleary.mp3

Duraqtion 40:06

Also, the Preface is fixed and reloaded.

:D Christoph
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

And here is section 21:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/n19/greekgrammar_21_oleary.mp3

Duration 19:48

:D Christoph
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, Christoph

Sorry for the delay in PLing.

Section 17 is perfect. At 21:20 there is a noise of ruffling pages that you might want to remove, or not.
Leni
=================
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

hello,

here is section 29:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/n19/greekgrammar_29_oleary.mp3

Leni, once I read particle instead of participle, which is a mistake, as You will agree! :wink:

Christoph :D
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, Christoph

Section 21 is PL OK.

Participle and particle? :shock: :lol:
Leni
=================
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

That is in section 29, where this gets sometimes confounded :!:

Christoph
הֶֽעֱמַ֖דְתָּ בַמֶּרְחָ֣ב רַגְלָֽי
- Thou hast set my feet in a large room (Ps. 31, 9)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 29 is PL OK.

Interesting section, I remembered my days of studying Greek and how I had a hard time with all the particles... :evil:
Leni
=================
dmaddock1

Post by dmaddock1 »

Hi guys,

I'd like to offer my humble services. I'm still a newbie contributor, having done only a little PL'ing (the aforementioned). I'd like to try my hand at reading, but I've never done it before (well, I'm literate, but... eh, nevermind. :D ). I'm happy to PL too.

I've posted some test recordings here and would love some feedback on my Greek especially. Let me know if I don't suck :wink: If not, I could grab a few sections from the middle chunk of open chapters.

d.
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

Welcome dmaddock1!

Your help is welcome, I have listened to Your test recording, your greek pronunciation sounds well and clear. I listened without the text and understood it, so don't preoccupy! :D

Please choose a chapter, maybe at first something from the accidence, which is not too long, and after that some larger parts. But this is just a suggestion. So we might condescend to grant Your wish for humble service without mortification. :wink:

Christoph
dmaddock1

Post by dmaddock1 »

Ha, thanks. I've never read Greek to anyone but myself (not counting the Starbucks patrons who look at me funny) so I'm glad someone other than me can understand what I say!

Sections 11 & 12 look suitably small and straight-forward for me.

What's the best practice for reading tables? Particularly when they contain MF&N inflections together. Should one read by column or by row (ie. by gender or by case)? If some cells are stubbed endings should the whole word be read instead? Or if a cell spans multiple genders should one repeat? etc. I didn't really see anything in the wiki on this.

d.
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

Hello dmaddock1,

Section 11 and 12 are Yours!

The general custom is to read by row, that means Nom. Masc., Fem., Neut., Gen. Masc. etc.
I always read the whole word, also when abbreviated, and in paradigms the whole matrix. This is because it is easier to listen when people have no text or when they are blind. But if You have another solution that is clear without explanation and understandable, this is certainly o.k.

If You have any problems, feel free to ask, also by pm if You want. :D

I think You should not be ashamed to be a freak - I think I can say, most of us are. A while ago, my daughter browsed in the forums and afterwards told me with astonishment that there are some other strange people like me ...

8-) Christoph
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

dmaddock1 wrote:Ha, thanks. I've never read Greek to anyone but myself (not counting the Starbucks patrons who look at me funny) so I'm glad someone other than me can understand what I say!

d.
Hi d.,

I just looked at your catalogue page and notice that you don't have your name listed yet.

How would you like your name to appear in the catalogue? You can use your real name or a pseudonym. Do you wish to include a URL?

Thanks! :)
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."
- Baha'u'llah
See: http://bahai.org/

Some Answered Questions.
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Vol. I.
An Elementary Greek Grammar.
dmaddock1

Post by dmaddock1 »

Marilianus wrote:I think You should not be ashamed to be a freak - I think I can say, most of us are. A while ago, my daughter browsed in the forums and afterwards told me with astonishment that there are some other strange people like me ...
When I started self-studying uncommon languages I was constantly answering the "what for?" question. Now people know not to ask I guess. :)
Nicholas19 wrote:How would you like your name to appear in the catalogue? You can use your real name or a pseudonym. Do you wish to include a URL?
Real name is fine: David Maddock. No URL.

d. <-- the 'd.' is because I'm too lazy to type all five letters (but pedantic enough to use 77 to explain that).