Auto da Barca do Inferno - GIL VICENTE

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
hellsflicker

Post by hellsflicker » October 10th, 2010, 11:23 pm

I would like to suggest the classic books from gil vicente to be read...

# Auto da Barca do Inferno - Gil Vicente

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » October 11th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Christmas Lore: LINK
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni » October 11th, 2010, 6:44 pm

I would be thrilled to have Gil Vicente in the catalog. Unfortunately, considering we never have enough Portuguese speaking volunteers around even to record a 12 chapter novel in less than a year, considering a drama with twelve characters (like this one) or more is unrealistic. We need more people who are willing to record in Portuguese to be able to dream of recording Gil Vicente. :)
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

hellsflicker

Post by hellsflicker » October 11th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Well ... actually gil vicente has some very nice and short books, I remember I had to read one book from him and it came like 3 acts in less then 100 pages... I would even go on a SOLO work! Just to give it a try out...
Just dont know exactly how should I procedure...

hellsflicker

Post by hellsflicker » October 11th, 2010, 9:23 pm

I found a brazilian government public domain virtual archives with THOUSAND of super interesting mega classic brazilian and portuguese literature... it would b great to start making a list of books that could be read in future...

I am new here I need to know how can I get started ;)

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni » October 11th, 2010, 9:37 pm

Yes, we use the Public Domain portal. Just don't forget to make sure that the book you want to read is Public Domain both in Brazil and in the US, where our servers are. The rule of thumb for the copyright laws in teh US is: before 1923 is ok. The copyright in Brazil is death + 70 years. The Public Domain portal, organized by the Brazilian Government, has also works which are not PD in Brazil, only offered by the authors under different licenses (such as the thousands of PHD theses you'll find there).

To get started, I suggest reading. :) All the procedures are explained in our FAQs (usually topics on the top of each section of the forum) and the wonderful wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Main_Page The answers to most of the questions new volunteers have are there.
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D