[Complete] All of Grace - Charles Spurgeon -avs

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

All of Grace by Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892) .

This project is complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/all-of-grace-by-charles-h-spurgeon/

HE WHO SPOKE and wrote this message will be greatly disappointed if it does not lead many to the Lord Jesus. It is sent forth in childlike dependence upon the power of God the Holy Ghost, to use it in the conversion of millions, if so He pleases. No doubt many poor men and women will take up this little volume, and the Lord will visit them with grace. To answer this end, the very plainest language has been chosen, and many homely expressions have been used. But if those of wealth and rank should glance at this book, the Holy Ghost can impress them also; since that which can be understood by the unlettered is none the less attractive to the instructed. Oh that some might read it who will become great winners of souls! Who knows how many will find their way to peace by what they read here? A more important question to you, dear reader, is this – Will you be one of them? (From All of Grace)
  • Target completion date: October 30, 2010
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.ccel.org/ccel/spurgeon/grace.html
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): Standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project will be opened up to a group project as soon as a Book Coordinator can be found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to have it re-instated).

MAGIC WINDOW:

(BC admin)

===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    Soloist - please provide *all of* the following:
    [list]
    [*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Spurgeon
    [*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): [none]
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 11
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: n
    [*]Original publication date (if known): [could not find]
    [*]Year of author's death (note: in some countries copyright is author's death + 50 or 70 years): 1892
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

============================================ [/size]
[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
  • "Section 1 of All of Grace. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by MaryAnn"
  • Say:
    "All of Grace by Charles Spurgeon, Section 1"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Section [number] of All of Grace by Charles Spurgeon. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by MaryAnn"
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Section title]"

End of recording
  • At the end of the section, say:
    End of [Section number]"
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of All of Grace by Charles Spurgeon."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
[*]Example filename
allgrace_##_spurgeon.mp3
[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Title: ## - [Section names]
Artist: Charles H. Spurgeon
Album: All of Grace
[*]Instructions for soloist: transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
    http://upload.librivox.org
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    You'll need to select an MC, which for this project is: yy - yyyyy
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
[/list]
Last edited by MaryAnnSpiegel on October 6th, 2010, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi MaryAnn!

I'll MC for you! Will be back with the MW in a bit... :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

aravis wrote:Hi MaryAnn!

I'll MC for you! Will be back with the MW in a bit... :D
:9:

So glad to be working with you again Elli. Do you think I attributed the intro correctly? Should I also include his name in the cite? It's the first bit in the book, but he doesn't number his chapters or call this the "preface", so the best I could think of is to cite it back to the book generally.

MaryAnn
aravis

Post by aravis »

Oh, I think the intro is fine the way it is. :D

Btw. which genres would you like to add?

I'll let us stay here for a bit to see if we can get a DPL! Have fun recording! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

aravis wrote:Btw. which genres would you like to add?
Philosophy and religion please.

MaryAnn
aravis

Post by aravis »

Genres added! :D
Elli

aidanbrack

Post by aidanbrack »

I would be interested in serving as DPL if you are still in search of one. I've PL'd several recordings now but this would be my first as DPL if accepted. :)

- Aidan
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Aidan - I'm looking forward to working with you!

MaryAnn
aravis

Post by aravis »

Welcome aboard, Aidan! :D

I've sent you a PM with your username and password for the MW!
Elli

aidanbrack

Post by aidanbrack »

Thanks for the welcomes! :) I've listened to each of the files uploaded so far and all are PL OK.

Aidan
aravis

Post by aravis »

Moving us to Going Solo.... :D
Elli

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

aidanbrack

Post by aidanbrack »

MaryAnn - both files are PL OK. :)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »