COMPLETE;GERMAN] Lulu I: Erdgeist - Frank Wedekind -lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Erdgeist von Frank Wedekind (1864 - 1918).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/erdgeist-by-frank-wedekind/
Erdgeist ist eine 1895 publizierte Tragödie in vier Aufzügen von Frank Wedekind. Uraufgeführt wurde sie am 25. Februar 1898 im Leipziger Krystallpalast vom neu gegründeten Ibsen-Theater, wobei der Autor den „Dr. Schön“ verkörperte. Die Fortsetzung von Erdgeist bildet Wedekinds Tragödie Die Büchse der Pandora von 1902. Beide Stücke wurden von Wedekind später als Bühnenfassung in einem Stück mit dem Titel Lulu. Tragödie in 5 Aufzügen mit einem Prolog zusammengefasst. (Zusammenfassung von Wikipedia)
  1. Gibt es eine Deadline? Zieldatum für die Fertigstellung ist der 31 Mai 2011. aber bitte schicke deine Aufnahmen, sobald du fertig bist. Bitte beachte, dass deine Rolle aus Fairness gegenüber den anderen automatisch wieder freigegeben wird, wenn du deine Aufnahme nicht innerhalb von 2 Monaten fertigstellst. Du kannst aber im Thread nach einer Verlaengerung fragen, wenn du es in dieser Frist nicht schaffst. Die Verlaengerung gewaehrt der BC nach seinem/ihrem Ermessen. Falls du deine Rolle nicht aufnehmen kannst, sag einfach Bescheid und es wird hier wieder als “zu haben” aufgeführt. Das ist absolut kein Problem, kann jedem mal passieren.
  2. Wie bekommt man eine Rolle? Um eine Rolle zu bekommen, wirf einfach einen Blich auf das Magic Window. Alle Rollen, die noch keinen Namen daneben haben, sind noch zu haben. Klicke auf "Post Reply" (zu finden an der linken oberen Ecke des Bildschirms) und sag uns welche Rolle du gerne haben möchtest. Lies die Punkte 6 - 8 über das, was vor, während und nach der Aufnahme zu tun ist.
  3. Noch nie aufgenommen? Bitte lies den Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Wo finde ich den Text? https://www.projekt-gutenberg.org/wedekind/erdgeist/erdgeist.html
  5. Bitte die Rollen hier aussuchen (die Zahl in der ersten Spalte links)!

Wenn dies deine erste !LibriVox Aufnahme ist, brauche ich bitte deinen Namen oder Pseudonym, so wie du im !LibriVox-Katalog stehen willst, und deine Homepage/URL, falls du möchtest.

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  6. VOR der Aufnahme: Bitte lies die Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Software-Einstellungen: Bit Rate: 128 kbps Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. WÄHREND der Aufnahme: Bitte nicht mehr als 0,5-1 Sekunde Stille am Anfang der Aufnahme!

Bitte spreche folgende Ansage vor deiner Aufnahme:

Falls du eine Rolle liest, sag:

[Rolle], gelesen von [dein Name].

Als Erzähler lies zusätzlich:

Am Anfang: Akt [#] von Titel von Autor. Dies ist eine LibriVox-Aufnahme. Alle LibriVox-Aufnahmen sind lizenzfrei und in oeffentlichem Besitz. Weitere Informationen, und Hinweise zur Beteiligung an diesem Projekt, gibt es bei: librivox.org"

Am Ende: Ende von Akt [#]. Am Ende des Stückes sag zusätzlich: Ende von Titel von Autor.

Bitte lass 5 Sekunden Stille am Ende deiner Aufnahme, oder 10 Sekunden für Aufnahmen, die länger als 30 Minuten sind.

Schau oft hier im Thread nach Updates!
  8. NACH der Aufnahme: Speicher die Datei als 128 kbps MP3 erdgeist_rolle_(aufzug nummer).mp3 (alles kleingeschrieben);
    (z.B. erdgeist_lulu_1.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags: Werden für die einzelnen Beiträge nicht benötigt.

Hochladen der Dateien (fertige Aufnahmen) Bitte immer im Forum posten, wenn du eine Datei fertig hast. Ausserdem bitte die Laenge der Aufnahme (Dateilaenge: mm:ss) zusammen mit dem Link posten.
Noch Fragen? Hinterlasse eine Nachricht im Thread oder schicke mir eine PM :)
Last edited by Algy Pug on October 3rd, 2012, 6:56 am, edited 13 times in total.
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Algy Pug »

I am claiming the role of Dr Goll.

All other roles are open.

Cheers

Algy Pug
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by neckertb »

Hi Algy

I guess I could do Henriette, if you don't mind her having a weird French/Danish accent :roll:
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello Algy,

both, "Erdgeist" and "Büchse der Pandora" are in our database now. Initially I wanted to put the "Büchse der Pandora" officially on hold (mark it as such in the database) and hide the topic, but on a second thought I think I came up with a better solution:
I added "Lulu I" and "Lulu II" in the title of the thread (it's just a working title and not in the database) to make it clear that these plays are connected and to show which one has the priority. "Pandora" is still visible, but has "ON HOLD" in the title (but it's not marked as such in the database).

I think now it's possible to concentrate on "Erdgeist" first, but if one has finished his part in the first play, he can continue with his part in the second play (and someone can take up the English part in Pandora... :wink:).
BTW: If you want to have one person for the roles that appear in both plays, you should make it clear in the description.

I hope that's a good solution to handle both the interconnected plays, but if anyone has a better suggestion, I'm anxious to hear it :D.
I will take a role, but I don't know which one yet. I will first have to take a look at the drama...

Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Thank you Rainer

It's good that someone has put more thought into this than I have.

I think your arrangement is an excellent one, and, fact, reflects that way in which the plays are often presented as a single drama. The one stage production I have seen, which was in English, was done in this way, and was very effective, and also not excessive in length.

As you suggested, I will update the opening post regarding the roles that occur in both parts.

Regarding the roles, none of them are heroic, but all are interesting.
Whatever you pick, I'm sure that you will find it a rewarding experience.

Cheers

Algy
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Algy Pug »

Hello again Rainer

Could I have please have one more section?

Thank you

Algy
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by raynr »

Of course - done! :D
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
Raeubertochter

Post by Raeubertochter »

This sounds interesting and I might like to read a role. Judging from myself - I like to know what I get myself into ... - you might attract more readers if you could give a bit more detail on the roles. Do you think it would be possible to add the Aufzüge where each role appears, and even a (rough) estimate of the number of lines or words involved? That would be great, although I realize it is more work for you.
Read more female Nobel laureates -
Bertha von Suttner (1905, peace): Die Waffen nieder!
Selma Lagerlöf (1909, literature): Niels Holgersens wunderbare Reise mit den Wildgänsen - Teil 2
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Raeubertochter wrote:This sounds interesting and I might like to read a role. Judging from myself - I like to know what I get myself into ... - you might attract more readers if you could give a bit more detail on the roles. Do you think it would be possible to add the Aufzüge where each role appears, and even a (rough) estimate of the number of lines or words involved? That would be great, although I realize it is more work for you.
Thank you

I have been rather preoccupied with other projects and this one has rather slipped my mind.

I will follow up your excellent suggestions. I will also prepare a Googledoc presentation of the text because Gutenberg DE is not particularly reader-friendly.

Six major characters appear in both dramas: Lulu, Countess Geschwitz, Alwa, Rodrigo Quast, Schigolch and Alfred Hugenberg - occur in both plays. Of these Lulu, the Countess and Alfred Hugenberg are to be played by women. For the reader who likes a challenge, Lulu and the Countess are fabulous roles.

Thanks again

Algy Pug
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Raeubertochter »

Great, then I'll wait for the additional info and decide on something. :-)
Sonja
Read more female Nobel laureates -
Bertha von Suttner (1905, peace): Die Waffen nieder!
Selma Lagerlöf (1909, literature): Niels Holgersens wunderbare Reise mit den Wildgänsen - Teil 2
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Googledoc links for text and details of the play have been placed in the opening post.

Cheers

Algy Pug
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Rowland »

Aber bitte, hier ist ja was. Ich möchte 03-Dr. Schön annehmen.

(This is not the easiest thing, aber nein, gar nicht. The text will take some time to sort through in order to understand what to read/say or not. Aber Ich will trots dem versuchen.)

Lars :roll:
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Rowland wrote:Aber bitte, hier ist ja was. Ich möchte 03-Dr. Schön annehmen.

(This is not the easiest thing, aber nein, gar nicht. The text will take some time to sort through in order to understand what to read/say or not. Aber Ich will trots dem versuchen.)

Lars :roll:

Danke Vielmals, Lars.

Du bist Herr Dr Schoen. Viel spass!

Gruss

Algy
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by neckertb »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ry/erdgeist_henriette.mp3
Here comes my fantastic contribution, a whole of 9 seconds...
Algy, you might wanna edit the first post, the title for the files and the MC name.
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

neckertb wrote:http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ry/erdgeist_henriette.mp3
Here comes my fantastic contribution, a whole of 9 seconds...
Algy, you might wanna edit the first post, the title for the files and the MC name.
Thanks Nadine

Your reading is the first to be uploaded.

I am in the process of re-doing the text to make it more user friendly. I will be posting new links soon.

Cheers

Algy
Algy Pug

My Librivox page