Song needed

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

I have a sort of a song that is sung in my reading, and I need a clip of the tune. Can any one help?

Oh no, we never mention him

"Perhaps, like me, he struggles with
Each feeling of regret:
But if he's loved as I have loved,
He never can forget!"

Perhaps it doesn't matter, as it appears the singer departs completely from the tune.
"The last line he roared out at the top of his voice, breaking each word into half a dozen syllables."
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
kristin

Post by kristin »

You can find the sheet music here:

http://levysheetmusic.mse.jhu.edu/levy-search.html

You'll have to search for it as I can't seem to get a direct link to work. It returns a couple different options, when I search the first one seemed to be the one you are looking for.

edit- And the song was originally Oh no we never mention her but I just searched for we never mention.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

Can we record this one? http://www.thehackley.org/copyright.html doesn't make it clear if so.

Levy Call Number: Box 156, Item 073
Title: Lovin' Sam (The Sheik of Alabam).
Composer, Lyricist, Arranger: Words by Jack Yellen. Music by Milton Ager.
Publication: New York : Ager, Yellen & Bornstein, Inc., 1591 Broadway
Date: 1922
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
kristin

Post by kristin »

Well, on the bottom of page 1 of the sheet music it says Copyright 1922 so it should be good. From the poking around I've done on the Levy site, they seem very good about not making images available for copyright items. You'll get information to let you know they have it but won't be able to see the sheet music.

The permission statement you linked to only applies to reproduction of the images they supply. Performance is a different fish.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]