COMPLETE]Psychotherapy by Hugo Münsterberg - arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Psychotherapy by Hugo Münsterberg (1863-1916).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page:http://librivox.org/psychotherapy-by-hugo-munsterberg/
Talking about viewing the Ocean "If I take the attitude of appreciation, it would be absurd to say that this wave is composed of chemical elements which I do not see; and if I take the attitude of physical explanation, it would be equally absurd to deny that such elements are all of which the wave is made. From the one standpoint, the ocean is really excited; from the other standpoint, the molecules are moving according to the laws of hydrodynamics. If I want to understand the meaning of this scene every reminiscence of physics will lead me astray; if I want to calculate the movement of my boat, physics alone can help me".(from the Introduction)

1. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are “up for grabs.” Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you’d like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim (or by the target completion date, whatever is sooner). Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it’ll go back to the pool. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen. The target completion date for this project is 31 December 2010.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/22775
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

MAGIC WINDOW:

(BC admin)
  6. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:

Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording!

Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Section [number] of [Psychotherapy]. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      "Psychotherapy, by Hugo Muensterberg. Chapter [##] [part # if applicable] [name of chapter]

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Psychotherapy, by Hugo Munsterberg.
      Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    psychotherapy_##_munsterberg.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. psychotherapy_01_munsterberg.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Hugo Muensterberg
    Album: Psychotherapy

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: arb - annise
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :))
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi Sandra
I'll set this up for you. Back later.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All set up. :D
I assume you have your BC password for your Solo? Let me know if you haven't.
As this is your first BC project, just let me know if you have problems with anything , I'm usually lurking somewhere around , though our time zones are different
I suggest you write some sort of summary - you can change it for the catalogue but people like to have some idea whether they wish to read chapters.
I have put sample titles in the MW - they way I have them is probably the easiest way to make sure the files stay in the right order.
I am off to bed soon , so so will not be around - any problems I'll look into in the morning (my morning not yours)

Anne
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

annise, I know it's not possible to do special characters in ID3 tags, but in German (the author is German) there's a way of 'transcribing' umlauts by putting an e after the vowel. You could do that here: Hugo Muensterberg. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks Gesine , I'll do it. I knew that now I come to think about it :oops:
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Annnise,
thanks so much for settig this project up for me. I'm going to try to fill in the rest of the titles if the watsit will let me in and save what I've done. That's a problem I have with the magic window. I can write and save notes but whenever I try to type in other boxes or collumns, it doesn't save. Long story as to why but I'm going to tidy up a bit. Also, I can't seem to find a summery and that style of thing isn't my strong point, especially with nonfiction material. Any ideas?

I like the book though and think it should be recorded.
All the best,
Sandra.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Might be something to do with the way it is saved just by hitting the enter key

I'll see if I can find something to put about the book as a temporary summary.

Anne
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello again,
I've made a start on filling in the rest of the chapter titles but, for some reason, I can't make the numbers and dashes and things so the title is on a line underneath. I don't know if it still makes sense visually and all the rest of it. The speech programme reads it okay.

All the best,
Sandra.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That's fine , I changed mine to match , it will work that way.

Anne
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

If there's no DPL yet, I'll do it.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Yay thank you Carl.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome aboard Carl

Soon as we have the titles ready in the MW we'll be able to go out and find some readers

Anne
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Annise,
I think I listed the book as one section too many. Sorry about that. I don't think there is a fifteenthe bit. I've put in all the other titles though.

Thanks again for helping me with this book,
all the best,
Sandra.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Very easy to remove a section at the end. We will move to readers wanted.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi Sandra
I moved us back - a prospective reader pointed out that chapters 5 and 10 are too long to be read as 1 file - 10,000 words is about the limit depending on how fast you read . I have added extra sections for them and called them part 1, part 2 etc . As it is your first BCing attempt I'll split those sections and post the start- finish part , but it may be later today

Anne
OK I have done it - and added the other worder counts I was given
moving back